Page 9 of 161 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 9

lexsi340 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    8. You refer to Grok, Mark Sisson as actual friends of yours.]
    Hahaha +1.

labbygail is offline Senior Member
    -When you contemplate asking the other people at the table for the fat they are cutting off their ribeye steaks.
    -When all that's left on your plate after eating chicken is a pile of bone splinters.
    -When your friends all think you're full of abstruse knowledge of food and cooking, which seems like "common knowledge" to you because you've been hanging out at primal blogs and forums too much.

CE402 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    When you fly from Cairo Egypt to Houston Texas barefoot (and get nothing but positive comments on the way)
    I should say that I was flying KLM (Dutch airline) all the way and they are a bit more tolerant of such things than US airlines may be. Lots of friendly questions and comments. Okay, likely the Egyptian security guys in Cairo were laughing and talking about me but a) it was in Arabic and b) I don't really care anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    I'm not sure about airports, but once you get on the plane I don't think anyone will have much of an issue. Whenever I fly, first thing I do is ditch the shoes. I often leave my socks on, but shoes come off. I've never had an issue and I've flown with just about every major airline.

I love running and hiking barefoot as much as the next guy. But as someone that spends a lot of time in airplanes, I would seriously advise against this, at least for the first and last 20 minutes of your flight. Sturdy leather shoes will be your friend if you need to quickly egress from an accident. There are many more survivable accidents than you'd believe. And they are much more survivable if you're not trying to run barefoot through sharp metal and burning jet fuel.

Of course, I'm weird like that. I also always wear wool pants or cotten jeans along with other natural fibers for the same reason. Had a friend that balled up a plane years ago and suffered severe burns over every exposed piece of flesh. He lived, but had he worn a t-shirt he may have not had a life vest melt into his chest.

On a cheery note, you post a picture of shredded pork, eggs over easy, fajita steak and pico de gallo for breakfast in Mexico, and have friends make heart attack comments. Friends that have gained 60 pounds sine you first met, while you've dropped 50...

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    You see food when Bambi comes to eat your flowers...
    You consider getting a silencer so your HOA doesn't find out what you want to do to the deer that keep crossing your back yard.

Your children, 3 year old included, all cook their own eggs every morning, and consider brussels sprouts (NOT FROM THE FREEZER!!!) and Puerto Rican pork shoulder the best meal on the planet.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CE402 View Post
    I love running and hiking barefoot as much as the next guy. But as someone that spends a lot of time in airplanes, I would seriously advise against this, at least for the first and last 20 minutes of your flight. Sturdy leather shoes will be your friend if you need to quickly egress from an accident. There are many more survivable accidents than you'd believe. And they are much more survivable if you're not trying to run barefoot through sharp metal and burning jet fuel.
    Point taken and your right. Should have thought, I went through ARFF (Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting) training over 20 years go. And I only wear natural fibers all the time for the reasons you stated. I did it as much as anything else to see if I would have any problems from airport personnel which I didn't.

And you are dead on about wearing leather shoes. Anything else will melt to your feet. Thanks for pointing this out.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

StillWild is offline Member
    When a coworker says he's off to the Cal. (calibration) lab and you hear "Cow Lab" and wonder where that is, how much meat it might have, and how did you miss it all this time? <Just happened to me like 5 minutes ago.
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
    And we never even know we have the key."
    ~The Eagles, "Already Gone"

Mldami is online now Senior Member
    When I have to lick the pork fat from my fingers to post this!

Chasintrail is offline Senior Member
    When you finally drive across the city to the big International grocery and think you've died and gone to meat heaven.

They actually have goat! and brains! and bunny and ducks with the head on and stuff I have no clue what it is. <cue excited squealing>

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chasintrail View Post
    when you finally drive across the city to the big international grocery and think you've died and gone to meat heaven.

They actually have goat! And brains! And bunny and ducks with the head on and stuff i have no clue what it is. <cue excited squealing>
    lol !!!
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

MountainDew is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasintrail View Post
    bunny
    Nothing ends a bad date faster than telling a girl you've skinned a rabbit/bunny. Pretty funny.
    PB Stats:
    Started 5/10/10
    Starting Weight: 215
    Current Weight (1/25/11): 180
    Goal Weight: 160

Page 9 of 161 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast