Page 89 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 89

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When you have stopped watching the news completely, but you know that fall is coming when you get up to cook breakfast and your coconut oil has turned back into a solid.

When you consider 6 slices of bacon, sauerkraut, and 3 eggs a healthy breakfast, then see someone eating a bran muffin, low fat yogurt, and a big glass of apple juice and think "He's going to give himself a heart attack!"

When you are moving and you realize that a stack of moving boxes makes a great stand up desk to put your laptop on to type this post.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    When you get out the gardening tools to clean up the garden and to plant bulbs, and after standing there for a moment decide to take your flip flops off and garden in your bare feet letting the earth squeeze up between your toes.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

cali798 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    You leave a strategically placed post-it note in the fridge for your significant other:
    Please try not to get crumbs in the butter, they taste funny in my coffee.
    OMG! This one had me laughing soo hard I had to comment.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    When you have stopped watching the news completely, but you know that fall is coming when you get up to cook breakfast and your coconut oil has turned back into a solid.

When you consider 6 slices of bacon, sauerkraut, and 3 eggs a healthy breakfast, then see someone eating a bran muffin, low fat yogurt, and a big glass of apple juice and think "He's going to give himself a heart attack!"
    Hah! This is my life. I'm excited because our coconut oil is getting softer by the day, hurrah! Spring has sprung!

Anyway YKYPW... when you decide to go cow pooling, even though you know your freezer is very very tiny and already full of meat. And you've already shotgunned the offal....

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPam View Post
    When all the sugary crap in the workplace, which used to have me in all-day craving fits ( and caving-in fits ), becomes just like the wall, or the floor, or a door frame ... I don't even notice it anymore.
    Pam I know exactly what you are talking about. At work lately there have been tons of junk food around. Friday there was a random bag of chips lying around on a table. I saw it but it didn't register with as food. Then a co-worker who fully knows I eat primal, came in a quickly grabbed a hand full of chips. She is on a "diet" i.e. CW, and stated how she has no will power when junk food is left out at work. I just laughed and kept on working.
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Boff's [widget] is offline Junior Member
    When Walmart checkers, ringing up multiple containers of chicken livers, ask you if you're going fishing.

When another Walmart checker remembers you as "the guy who loves coconut milk."

When a Target checker asks what you're going to do with all those eggs. "Are you doing a lot of baking?"

Paleobird Guest
    YKYPW....You see a product labeled FAT FREE!! and your first thought is that this is some kind of public service warning label and it takes you a minute to realize that they actually mean this as a selling point.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday at work I saw a carton of "Fat Free Half & Half" next to the Krups beverage thing.

OMG, fake cream for fake coffee!

I take my own buttered coffee to work...

meat egg fruit n veg is offline Junior Member
    You see something in a 'health' store called "Grok" which you jump for joy at the sight of something primal in real life...

then you look at it closely and its actually Italian Cheese.

apryl is offline Junior Member
    My kids are only semi primal, were working on them slowly. We recently watched a really old Ewoks movie. The little tribe of ewoks took down this big ugly beast. My nearly 9 year old says 'Hey, that thing is huge, they could eat it for months!' So glad to see that he's learning lol (when his little sister said ewww, he said 'what, you could roast it in bacon grease?' ) Smart guy
    Apryl

22lbs lost since giving up grains!