Page 88 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 88

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    YPYPW:
    You can't eat beef at restaurants anymore because CAFO tastes like crap (and it's usually over-cooked).

you have kerrygold butter, olive oil, coconut flakes, trail mix, 87% dark chocolate, and grass-fed paleo jerkey in your desk drawer at work.

Your fridge contains at least 3 different bowls/containers with bacon grease (because they're from different batches/cures=different flavors), and there are knife/spoon marks on the top of each one (veggies and an egg friend in bacon grease is awesome when you're out of bacon)
    You have multiple pounds of pastured butter in the "butter keeper" in your fridge door

people know you're at a (relatively large) meeting because someone saw "a lady with a bike" coming in. (and word gets back to you... "I knew you were here...")
    You secretly cheer when there's a cheese/fruit plate for dessert (alongside SEVERAL plates of junky junk) at said meeting - and serve yourself with a spoon from said cheese plate (most of my cheese was taken home for later, along with salmon and caprese salad).

You know exactly which spots in your work neighborhood can serve a primal(sih) meal (chipotle, fiveguys, make-your-own salad place), and which ones to avoid like the plague (either because they're crap or they refuse to make you/they're extremely confused by bun-less burgers/chicken)

PaleoPam is offline Junior Member
    When all the sugary crap in the workplace, which used to have me in all-day craving fits ( and caving-in fits ), becomes just like the wall, or the floor, or a door frame ... I don't even notice it anymore.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    YKYP when you think this is an awsume 10th wedding aniversary gift from hubby (who thinks your nuts but gets it for you anyways....)

(Yes, its olive oil)
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    YKYPW...
    You're at the Zoo, there are NO edible food choices so you fast all day... but you and your husband keep looking at the animals and saying "Yep, totally edible" and "I'd eat that"

(I had a fresh squeezed lemonade small serving size made in a xlarge cup so there was extra water and using less sugar... it was actually good.)
    Then I bought a bottle of water and refilled, squeezing the lemon again. Ahhhhh.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    YKYPW...

You post a picture of yourself in a suit, at a friends wedding, on Facebook and one of the first comments was someone asking you if you had shoes on (I did, didn't like it....or the bloody suit).
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    YKYPW you pull out the bag of bones in your freezer to add another beef shank bone, and it occurs to you that strung together correctly, beef shank bones would make a great wrist bangle.

phigment is offline Senior Member
    ynypw u go to breakfast w/friends order eggs n bacon, the waitress asks what type of bagel u want and u say none. She looks at u strange and says it comes with the meal. Still say none. She than states that she can put it in a togo bag for me. Still state no. She pauses and almost frantically ask your friends if they want ur bagel .

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    When you start thinking that putting pastured butter in your coffee may be the best single weight loss solution you've ever heard.

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    You leave a strategically placed post-it note in the fridge for your significant other:
    Please try not to get crumbs in the butter, they taste funny in my coffee.

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    When you have a small piece of birthday cake (something you used to really look forward to) then you are disgusted by the chemical after taste and super sugar overload and can't wait to get home to throw your famous mesquite, garlic and lime drumsticks (with skin of course) onto the grill. Birthday cake suck!
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.