Page 79 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 79

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jes1014 View Post
    You have a little container of "emergency" coconut oil in your desk drawer

Ha ha! I don't have that, but I do have two jars at home, one just for cooking and one for various beauty purposes. I freaking use that stuff for everything now! (If it could work as an adhesive it would replace duct tape as the most versatile fix-it-all in my house)

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    You have a dream about drinking a Sprite and wake up in a cold sweat.
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DashFire View Post
    You have a dream about drinking a Sprite and wake up in a cold sweat.
    NOOOOOOOO!!! I still like my Sprite!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paleobird Guest
    When you're at Outback Steakhouse and the loaf of bread they bring out on a carving board has remained untouched but you've asked the waiter for additional butter twice. What are they doing with the butter?

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    When you're at Outback Steakhouse and the loaf of bread they bring out on a carving board has remained untouched but you've asked the waiter for additional butter twice. What are they doing with the butter?
    On a similar note, Bonefish Grill has very good olive oil with their bread!
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    I dreamt last night about a Simpsons episode where Homer and Marge went primal. Marge filled out and Homer lost his belly and grew his hair back. Then he got into a doughnut-eating competition and that was the end of that.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    You know you're primal when . . . your diet/lifestyle lets you recover from a full blown stroke six months faster than the neurosurgeon's closest estimation, and you regain full use of your body when every expert from your doctor to your therapist warned you you probably never would.

You really, really know you're primal when . . . you tell your neurosurgeon what you've been eating/doing during recovery and she scolds you and tells you you're only asking for another stroke (despite my A1C dropping 3 points, my BP finally staying under control, and dropping 30 lbs). If I'd had a stick of butter, I'd have eaten it in front of her.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    You know you're primal when . . . your diet/lifestyle lets you recover from a full blown stroke six months faster than the neurosurgeon's closest estimation, and you regain full use of your body when every expert from your doctor to your therapist warned you you probably never would.

You really, really know you're primal when . . . you tell your neurosurgeon what you've been eating/doing during recovery and she scolds you and tells you you're only asking for another stroke (despite my A1C dropping 3 points, my BP finally staying under control, and dropping 30 lbs). If I'd had a stick of butter, I'd have eaten it in front of her.
    Wow. Congrats!!

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LongWalker View Post
    When someone complains to you about headaches, backaches, fatigue, nausea, depression, weight gain, infertility, constipation, gas, the cost of diets, their workout, anxiety, lack of sleep, a stomach ache, chronic pain, low energy, low blood sugar, high blood sugar, sore feet, arthritis, dry skin, bad hair days, a hangover, weakness, lack of muscle definition, diarrhea, vague dissatisfaction in life, boredom, and you think... I know what would fix that.
    Yup, very true!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post

Wow - didn't know you had had a stroke - so sorry to hear it. Congrats on your recovery though, very impressive.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html