Page 77 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 77

cubicle51 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    As you are doing your weekly shopping you actually envision yourself doing the act needed to get the food. I view myself stalking, hunting, skinning the kill. foraging the berries, harvesting the fruits and veggies.

I have an active Grok like that turns my modern world into a fantasy primal world when I shop or whatever and it makes people look at me funny as I growl at them around the meat
    I'm learning to Rock out with my Grok out

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JVib View Post

When you go out to eat and ask the waitress to put the bones in a doggie bag....and she looks at you like you're crazy.
    ROFLMAO
    I never thought of that one.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Youre telling friends/coworkers about adding butter to your coffee, and they look at you weird and ask if thats healthy, and you say, "Oh no, it's ok, the butter is grass-fed."
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    When you hear about "red-eye syrup" ingredients and think it's a drink.

bacon or pork fat, coffee, cream, maybe one other thing? Apparently you're supposed to pour it over your pancakes. Add a little more coffee and it'd be great in place of pancakes
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    When you hear about "red-eye syrup" ingredients and think it's a drink.

bacon or pork fat, coffee, cream, maybe one other thing? Apparently you're supposed to pour it over your pancakes. Add a little more coffee and it'd be great in place of pancakes
    You talking about redeye gravy? I've never heard the recipe you're talking about. Ours was always a pan that has a glaze from frying ham, which you deglaze with cold black coffee, then add milk, flour, salt and pepper (and, if you're inclined, minced or diced country-style ham, preferably the one you just fried in the skillet.). It's quick, but it's really not much more than a sawmill gravy with coffee and ham. Oh, and it's chock-full of flour too.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithpowers View Post
    You talking about redeye gravy? I've never heard the recipe you're talking about. Ours was always a pan that has a glaze from frying ham, which you deglaze with cold black coffee, then add milk, flour, salt and pepper (and, if you're inclined, minced or diced country-style ham, preferably the one you just fried in the skillet.). It's quick, but it's really not much more than a sawmill gravy with coffee and ham. Oh, and it's chock-full of flour too.
    Yeah, that might be it. I was only kind of half-way paying attention until I heard "bacon grease, coffee, and cream."
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

When you exchange pictures of your kids with someone else on here and decide to arrange their marriage to begin a master race of beautiful primal people... What? Don't look at me like that, it's not like we would encourage them to hunt vegans or anything, geez. World domination hasn't even came up yet...
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Bioletti is offline Member
    You know you're primal when you no longer show up for office parties.
    "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    ^Not sure that's a primal thing, but I don't think I'll go to the Winter outing this year. Food was mediocre last year, definitely not Primal, and I hate socializing meaninglessly. The Summer outing, however, had locally made ice cream and games and a hot air balloon!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    When you cant remember why you liked some CW food.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com