You know you are primal when:
1) The cashier at the co-op says "Having a party?" as he rings up 20 pounds of meat.
2) At a difference co-op, the cashiers have taken to calling me the "egg lover."
3) When it's time for dessert at a pot-luck, you munch another slice of beef and scan the table for any remaining strawberries while everyone else goes for the cake and brownies.
4) You eat more vegetables before dinner than the average American eats in three days.
5) Playgrounds become oh-so-tempting.
When "No, kitty, this is MY liver!" is an oft-repeated phrase in your house.
...you buy two 18ct. cartons of eggs every week. This is only until my neighbor's hens start laying and I can get fresh eggs from the source. I am saving the egg cartons from the eggs I'm buying for that purpose!
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.
Just had one: When you get REALLY excited to drive an hour to a farm that specializes in pastured chicken and grass-fed meat! And you plan on bringing two coolers to fill. I wonder if I can pet the chickens...
5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
Current: 132.5 lbs
Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey
When you plan on just browsing the isles of Whole Foods or purchasing grass-fed yogurt and butter at the maximum and then walk out the store with $53 worth of groceries that are 100% primal, WHOLE, REAL FOOD! Most was organic without even trying.
Oh and for those who are skeptical about Whole Foods and how it is expensive... it is NOT by any means. If I purchased what I did 3.5 times then I'd be eating for an entire month for only $173!!