Page 65 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 65

Westly is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    You go to a friends house for turkey, and wonder what they mean when they say "This pan has too much fat in it!"
    Down from 275 to 250!
    Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
    Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

Kimelah is offline Senior Member
    YKYAPW... you find men with long hair (even if just touching shoulders) quite appealing. I think it has to do with the supposed fact that cavemen did not cut their hair. Long healthy hair signifies healthy possible mate? I think so.
    I find myself imagining how any man I see would look like with long hair.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    ....you've decided to give in to the sugar monster and make a dessert - then pick a lemon mousse recipe that mainly consists of eggs and gelatin. Hey, dessert can have nutrition too!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimelah View Post
    YKYAPW... you find men with long hair (even if just touching shoulders) quite appealing. I think it has to do with the supposed fact that cavemen did not cut their hair. Long healthy hair signifies healthy possible mate? I think so.
    I find myself imagining how any man I see would look like with long hair.
    Long hair is a great indicator of diet and health for the past several months. Short hair doesn't tell you much.

I'm still trying to get my wife off the shampoo, but I'm not sure if she'll do it. Maybe I can get her to try it over her Christmas break.

...your several days (let's be honest) of feasting on turkey and seasonal veggies mean you come back from Thanksgiving setting new workout records, instead of feeling heavy and gross.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primitiverenaissance View Post
    ...your several days (let's be honest) of feasting on turkey and seasonal veggies mean you come back from Thanksgiving setting new workout records, instead of feeling heavy and gross.
    +100

(even if there was a bit of non primal indulgence I didn't stuff myself crazy and eat a TON of non primal bloat food!)

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Long hair is a great indicator of diet and health for the past several months. Short hair doesn't tell you much.

I'm still trying to get my wife off the shampoo, but I'm not sure if she'll do it. Maybe I can get her to try it over her Christmas break.
    You might try getting her a paraben-free shampoo like Kiss My Face as a stepping-stone. I'm down to KMF shampoo only from shampoo, conditioner and thrice-weekly deep conditioner (amazing what proper amounts of dietary fat will do for your hair).

YKYAPW: You insist on saving the three quarts of rendered fat from the family Thanksgiving goose, and spend two days trying to figure out how to get it through airport security for the trip home.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    You might try getting her a paraben-free shampoo like Kiss My Face as a stepping-stone. I'm down to KMF shampoo only from shampoo, conditioner and thrice-weekly deep conditioner (amazing what proper amounts of dietary fat will do for your hair).

YKYAPW: You insist on saving the three quarts of rendered fat from the family Thanksgiving goose, and spend two days trying to figure out how to get it through airport security for the trip home.
    It's funny that you mention Kiss My Face, because that is the one that she swears up and down is way nastier than anything conventional that she has tried. They present the image of being good for you, but she reacts to KMF instantly, instead of over the course of a week or so like most other chemicals she comes across. That stuff is banned worse than conventional products in this house, for their deception. Do a bit of a search- even some of their bar soaps cause a reaction with people, and there is *no reason* to use any kind of preservative or nasty chemicals in bar soaps.

We just figured out that the 7th Generation or 365 dishsoap (I forgot which, though I know what it looks like), even though there isn't anything obvious on the label that would cause a reaction, does in fact cause a reaction.
    Last edited by jfreaksho; 12-01-2011 at 06:42 PM.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    When you size up every ledge you spot at just over head height and consider banging out a few chins.

When you climb a tree every chance you get, can't get enough of that lately!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Paleobird Guest
    When your skinny fat hiking buddy who you used to have to really work to keep up with is now huffing and puffing trying to keep up with you. And You're five years older.