Page 55 of 162 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 55

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    You find yourself mopping up extra butter off your plate with your piece of back bacon.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    You find yourself mopping up extra butter off your plate with your piece of back bacon.
    +1
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

csgmoore is offline Member
    and then realise there's still some melted butter on your plate, so since you're on your own, you tip the rest straight into your mouth.

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    + another 1

Does spontaneously describing your evening meal as 'the fish I disembowelled on the back lawn earlier' count?

(Seemed like a natural description to me, since that's exactly what it was, but husband found it oddly disconcerting.)

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    You are clearing dishes off the counter, and notice that the container you had your lunch in today is coated in congealed grass-fed beef fat...

...and you think "BONUS!", scrape it out and eat it with your bare hands.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

You see Oreos on the table at work, think to yourself that it's been a while since you had one of those...

...and find yourself spitting it into the garbage can because it no longer tastes like food.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by csgmoore View Post
    and then realise there's still some melted butter on your plate, so since you're on your own, you tip the rest straight into your mouth.
    You need to be alone to do this?

I've been a plate-licker for years, but always in secret. Not long after my beloved and I had moved in together, I made a particularly lovely meal. He left the room, and I picked up my plate to lick the sauce off it. He came back in unexpectedly. I froze, much like a cat when you catch them doing something bad. He grinned, picked up his plate, and licked up his sauce too. Since then, we've happily slurped up the remnants of our dinners together. Saves us rinsing the dishes before the dishwasher too.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

You need to be alone to do this?

I've been a plate-licker for years, but always in secret. Not long after my beloved and I had moved in together, I made a particularly lovely meal. He left the room, and I picked up my plate to lick the sauce off it. He came back in unexpectedly. I froze, much like a cat when you catch them doing something bad. He grinned, picked up his plate, and licked up his sauce too. Since then, we've happily slurped up the remnants of our dinners together. Saves us rinsing the dishes before the dishwasher too.
    Same. Except sometimes I am feeling charitable and let my dog lick up plate scraps. He does a better job of scouring than I do.

My Primal Journal

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    When you walk 10 minutes down the street to the beach park but on the way decide to stop and do super slow push-ups a few different times...

(I am incredibly curious to know what the drivers were thinking!)
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

dazzledoll is offline Junior Member
    You put whey protein, coconut flour and a new food dehydrator on your christmas list