Page 47 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 47

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by keithpowers View Post
    Fixed your post... (LOL)
    It's still sitting on the counter in the jar. I think it'll get used in the Stir fry tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKickass View Post
    This scene totally spurred much discussion between the boyfriend and I. We had been planning on cooking heart for a while, but this made it happen within the week. Delicious, but I think I prefer it bacon wrapped and cooked low and slow over raw and bleeding in front of a bunch of crones.
    It was more of a "oh yeah, I DO have a heart..."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

AmyKickass is offline Junior Member
    ...When you threaten to make soup out of your boyfriend's cat after it woke you up jumping across your stomach in the middle of the night. And then start thinking up recipes.

...When your boyfriend asks if the pet store would notice or mind if the two of you started buying bunnies in somewhat inordinate numbers.

...When you waste time at work browsing this forum thread instead of actually working :P
    Peace. Love. Steak.

Lukys is offline Member
    I'm sure anyone would get annoyed at this, but when you get severely agitated at people spreading butter on their toast and then dipping the knife back in the butter, leaving crumbs!
    Argh! Leave my precious butter alone!

Laurel730 is offline Member
    When you can eat juicy, crispy and succulent bacon in joy and your co-workers are like "wtf" because you keep losing weight.
    I realize now, we are no different than our ancestors from millenniums ago. We are just cavemen with technology.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Your spouse is now used to you pulling out the freezer bag for the bones at the end of any meal that includes bone-in meat.

You have three chicken carcasses in the freezer just waiting for a day when it's not too damn hot to make bone broth.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

AmyKickass is offline Junior Member
    You walk to the grocery store and on the way home run barefoot through the sprinklers in the name of 'play.'
    Peace. Love. Steak.

scotchncoffee is offline Senior Member
    The cops pull up behind you while you are waiting for a tow from AAA at midnight, and - thinking you are a drug dealer - ask you what is inside the 4'x 4' x 6' cooler next to you. Without missing a beat, you reply: "fish heads", and proceed to show the cop you are indeed toting 3 yellowfin tuna heads + carcasses... cue dumb stares.

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    You have to do a special order for your favorite meat vendor at the farmer's market to make sure he'll have on hand your monthly breakfast needs: 4 bison tongues, 4 lbs bison liver, 10lbs of bone marrow, and a 4lb hump roast. You are 100% certain you are his #1 consumer of bison tongue and liver.

You exchange emails with the farmer and send him photos you find online of bison carcasses and the hunks of fat inside of it and plead with him to make tallow.

You take photos of your kids ripping meat off of big lamb bones and post them on Facebook.

You do farmer's walks in your neighborhood with 2 pood (70lb) kettlebells.

You have homemade bone broth with meatballs and least twice a week for dinner.

You love saving offal scraps to feed your dog.
    Last edited by JeffC; 08-17-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    When DH tells you he 'may' be going on a hunting trip with a business client in the fall, you say "Great! That means we will get some venison!" and start looking up recipes. Never mind that I have never had venison before....

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    When you read this thread and think "hey - I do that" or "Great idea - gotta try that" at almost every post!