Page 43 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 43

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ditto - when browsing for lunch, finding all the ready-cooked chicken is cooked 'in a brown sugar marinade'. Oh, well, if it's brown sugar it must be good.

Gnash. Hungry.

Why is the aisle suddenly empty?

Lukys is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fra0039 View Post
    when you freak out when offered as much free ice cream as you can eat from an ice cream shop (this happened to me a couple of weeks ago, no need to say I did not get any)
    You know, I was displaying bees to members of the public in my local park and this woman who worked there offered me a free ice-cream. I politely declined and she said "Really?" in a disbelieving tone. I insisted and thought she got the message when she walked off to get my brother one, until she came back and shoved a tub of ice-cream in my face and said "Did you really not want one? Because I got you one anyway."

Not wanting to be rude, I reluctantly took the ice-cream, ate less than half of it and then passed it to my father because I just couldn't eat it.
    It's amazing how some people just don't understand that you might not want ice-cream. Now I know what vegetarians feel like when people say "Are you sure you don't want a cut of meat? It's really good meat".

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    Ditto - when browsing for lunch, finding all the ready-cooked chicken is cooked 'in a brown sugar marinade'. Oh, well, if it's brown sugar it must be good.

Gnash. Hungry.

Why is the aisle suddenly empty?
    Brown sugar isn't touted as healthy, there's just a taste difference. The molasses gives it a deeper, richer flavor; it's why some recipes will call for both white and brown sugar (most chocolate chip cookie recipes do this). Sigh...I miss baking.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    When you return to the kitchen to find the frying pan of coconut oil you were heating to sear veggies in has a beetle sizzling in the middle of it and you actually have to think about whether to fish it out or just toss the veggies in on top.

(Yes, this really happened a couple nights ago. I did eventually decide to discard the beetle. At no point did I even consider discarding the coconut oil and starting over).

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    When you screw up the spinach and cheese omelet, shrug your shoulders, add more grease and turn it into green eggs and bacon.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    When you return to the kitchen to find the frying pan of coconut oil you were heating to sear veggies in has a beetle sizzling in the middle of it and you actually have to think about whether to fish it out or just toss the veggies in on top.

(Yes, this really happened a couple nights ago. I did eventually decide to discard the beetle. At no point did I even consider discarding the coconut oil and starting over).
    Fail eat the bug next time
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Fail eat the bug next time
    Hey - 80/20, man. 80/20!

tsd
    tsd is offline Member
    ... you get really upset when you are flossing. all that meat that failed to make it down to my belly, i always feel like i'm cheated. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE EATEN!

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tsd View Post
    ... you get really upset when you are flossing. all that meat that failed to make it down to my belly, i always feel like i'm cheated. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE EATEN!
    /spitdrink
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

After a feast of carbs you feel awful, you have started blogging your Primal Journey, you find yourself experimenting with recipes, you are barefoot at least 80% of the time, you visit Primal blogs daily, have taken a few cold showers, run barefoot through the hills, and people look at you oddly when you describe your lifestyle....yup. I'm diggin' this Primal way of life.
    Primal Krista
    The Paleo Lifestyle

Current primal weight: 134lbs (9/9/11)