Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 4

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    When you fly from Cairo Egypt to Houston Texas barefoot (and get nothing but positive comments on the way)

When you start looking at the desert dogs in the area as a possible food source if it comes down to it.

When you have 3 types of shoes in your closet: Safety shoes (for work), VFF and none

When you spend a 3 day weekend completely barefoot, in shorts and occasionally wearing a shirt

You wear your VFF to the office (I can get away with that as long as I'm inside) and your office staff just shakes their heads at the crazy American.
    Last edited by texas.grok; 04-09-2011 at 10:46 PM.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    When you eat more veggies each day then your vegetarian friend.

muaythaimike is offline Senior Member
    When you carry emergency butter around with you just in case.
    "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NutMeg View Post
    I nearly posted this exact same thing earlier! My boss (I am her nanny, watching her 2-year old twins) is a Vegetarian, although not a terribly strict one, and at any given time their menu options for lunch are macaroni and cheese with fruit, or sandwiches with fruit. The only veggies I routinely see in the fridge are salads and guacamole. Oh, there are some frozen soybeans (edamame) in the freezer too. It will be nice when it's the summer and I don't have to worry about keeping my son from eating crap while I'm at work, he is less than happy when they get graham crackers (full of corn syrup) and he doesn't.

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Your stove always seems to be covered in a layer of meat fat splatters even though you clean it faithfully.
    HAHA...You've been in my kitchen it seems.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    When you fly from Cairo Egypt to Houston Texas barefoot (and get nothing but positive comments on the way)
    Wow. Really?! I am flying from Grand Rapids to LAX on Thursday. I am now officially going barefoot!!!!!!!!!

I love it. Its amazing how us paleo people eat more veggies then VEGEtarians!

Quote Originally Posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
    I nearly posted this exact same thing earlier! My boss (I am her nanny, watching her 2-year old twins) is a Vegetarian, although not a terribly strict one, and at any given time their menu options for lunch are macaroni and cheese with fruit, or sandwiches with fruit. The only veggies I routinely see in the fridge are salads and guacamole. Oh, there are some frozen soybeans (edamame) in the freezer too. It will be nice when it's the summer and I don't have to worry about keeping my son from eating crap while I'm at work, he is less than happy when they get graham crackers (full of corn syrup) and he doesn't.
    Guess what?! Tomatoes and Avocado (in the guac) and soybeans are NOT even veggies! They are fruit and then, well, fake beans. How about that?! Maybe they really don't eat any veggies?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post
    Wow. Really?! I am flying from Grand Rapids to LAX on Thursday. I am now officially going barefoot!!!!!!!!!
    I should say that I was flying KLM (Dutch airline) all the way and they are a bit more tolerant of such things than US airlines may be. Lots of friendly questions and comments. Okay, likely the Egyptian security guys in Cairo were laughing and talking about me but a) it was in Arabic and b) I don't really care anyway.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    I should say that I was flying KLM (Dutch airline) all the way and they are a bit more tolerant of such things than US airlines may be. Lots of friendly questions and comments. Okay, likely the Egyptian security guys in Cairo were laughing and talking about me but a) it was in Arabic and b) I don't really care anyway.
    I'm not sure about airports, but once you get on the plane I don't think anyone will have much of an issue. Whenever I fly, first thing I do is ditch the shoes. I often leave my socks on, but shoes come off. I've never had an issue and I've flown with just about every major airline.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    ...when you're chopping up a bell pepper and it reminds you of ventricles.

Karate Lisa is offline Senior Member
    When you're emotionally conflicted between joyful and ticked off because the clothes you bought last month are too big, AND all of your friends and co-workers insist you need to go to the doctor because no one eating the amount of bacon, olive oil, butter, pork chops, steak and hamburger covered in guacamole could possibly be losing weight (so I must have some dreaded disease - gasp !)
    Last edited by Karate Lisa; 04-10-2011 at 07:49 AM.
    "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast