Page 21 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 21

goodangels is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Sorry, that's been happening in my family for years and I'm the only one who eats this way.
    haha as kids in our family too. We also used to fight over the crackling skin on pork roasts. Now that we're all grown up, everyone is concerned about eating too much fat at the family dinners so I get all the delicious goodness of crispy skins off the roasts to myself
    Major YUM!

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    -When you get odd looks from the teenage department store clerk when you ask him to get a chinup bar down from the top shelf for you

-When you roll down a hill (princess bride style) with your kids when you take them to the park (it was so much fun )
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Quote Originally Posted by Curmujeon View Post
    When you wonder where all the skin off of the skinless chickens at the market goes.
    When you wonder why they don't package it up and sell it.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodangels View Post
    haha as kids in our family too. We also used to fight over the crackling skin on pork roasts. Now that we're all grown up, everyone is concerned about eating too much fat at the family dinners so I get all the delicious goodness of crispy skins off the roasts to myself
    Major YUM!
    The adults in my family fight for it too. Until you get the size to take the meat in my family you need to sneak it, like a human stealing from sleeping lions.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Annana is offline Senior Member
    The skin goes into low quality sausages and chicken nuggets. Maybe they're not so bad after all!

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixflame View Post
    - When the exotic meat dealers at Borough Market know you by sight and are quick to recommend a steak you haven't tried. Mmm, zebra this week!
    Tell me how to find these exotic meat dealers, rightnowtodayplease!!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    ...you absentmindedly eat a raw ribeye with your penknife while watching TV....

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    When your doctor's appt goes through lunch with a 1.5 hr wait and you don't have time to eat, yet you're more pissed about the time you'll have to make up after 5 than you are about not eating lunch.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Owly is offline Senior Member
    You have a long conversation with your favorite pig farmer about the best way to render lard, and you both shake your heads over the people who complain about the lovely fat on the chops and bacon.

People love your cooking because your secret ingredient is fat.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    You wear a T shirt on travel days to and from Primal Con that says "Bacon is Rad, Gluten is Bad." You get looks that you love. A lady comments that she loves the shirt and you smile. Then just before you board your final plane a lady your age asks where you got the shirt. That lady ends up buying one.

This happened to me and I loved it.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!