Page 20 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 20

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    When you are pulling the innards out of the chicken you're about to roast, and FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YOUR LIFE, instead of saying "Ewww" and tossing it all in the trash, decide to start saving your livers in the freezer to make your own pate. (For most of my life, I have preferred my meat devoid of any excess fat, or any reminders that it was once alive. I still don't like skin or organ meat at this point).

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    OMG CHICKEN SKIN.. *drools*
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    WHen you children fight over the skin of every chicken they are eating.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NutMeg View Post
    WHen you children fight over the skin of every chicken they are eating.
    Sorry, that's been happening in my family for years and I'm the only one who eats this way. Oh a fyi, my brother has lots of scars from trying to take MY chicken skin. Unfortunately the scars are covered by the chemical induced acne.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Sorry, that's been happening in my family for years and I'm the only one who eats this way. Oh a fyi, my brother has lots of scars from trying to take MY chicken skin. Unfortunately the scars are covered by the chemical induced acne.
    Well the chicken skin IS the very best part.. oh and soo is the crispy little remains on the pan after it's been cooled.. yum!
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
    Well the chicken skin IS the very best part.. oh and soo is the crispy little remains on the pan after it's been cooled.. yum!
    Reminds me of "Sham Harga had run a successful eatery for many years by always smiling, never extending credit, and realizing that most of his customers wanted meals properly balanced between the four food groups: sugar, starch, grease, and burnt crunchy bits." Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms

Annana is offline Senior Member
    You have a cool butcher!

Phoenixflame is offline Senior Member
    - When you get giddy dining at a French restaurant to find a simple "chicken liver salad."
    ...And the waiter, upon hearing your request, speaks the item back to you in English...because of COURSE Amer'cans don't eat liver.

- When the exotic meat dealers at Borough Market know you by sight and are quick to recommend a steak you haven't tried. Mmm, zebra this week!

Curmujeon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by welcometogoodburger View Post
    When you find yourself wishing chicken was all skin.
    When you wonder where all the skin off of the skinless chickens at the market goes.
    Beware of fake meat.

Curmujeon is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NutMeg View Post
    When you drop the kid off at the playground and then run up the sled hill 4-5 times. You then proceed to put said child on the seesaw and 'lift' them while squatting. You use the platform on the playground equipment to work on push-ups and the lower monkey bar set to work on assisted pull-ups. You then return to the sled hill to go running up a few more times. Rinse and repeat.... about 3-4 times. All the while chuckling at the moms sitting at the picnic table giving you funny looks! When you are done, pick up grokling and give her a piggy back ride back to the car
    You know they're saying, "Is that woman retarded or something?". It's a great something!
    Beware of fake meat.