Page 19 of 162 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 1616

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 19

  1. #181
    Pink Grokoddess's Avatar
    Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yukon Canada
    Posts
    1,011
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NutMeg View Post
    When you drop the kid off at the playground and then run up the sled hill 4-5 times. You then proceed to put said child on the seesaw and 'lift' them while squatting. You use the platform on the playground equipment to work on push-ups and the lower monkey bar set to work on assisted pull-ups. You then return to the sled hill to go running up a few more times. Rinse and repeat.... about 3-4 times. All the while chuckling at the moms sitting at the picnic table giving you funny looks! When you are done, pick up grokling and give her a piggy back ride back to the car
    NICE I did that yesterday
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

    Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go


    Follow My Journey :-)

  2. #182
    Nettle's Avatar
    Nettle is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by NutMeg View Post
    When you drop the kid off at the playground and then run up the sled hill 4-5 times. You then proceed to put said child on the seesaw and 'lift' them while squatting. You use the platform on the playground equipment to work on push-ups and the lower monkey bar set to work on assisted pull-ups. You then return to the sled hill to go running up a few more times. Rinse and repeat.... about 3-4 times. All the while chuckling at the moms sitting at the picnic table giving you funny looks! When you are done, pick up grokling and give her a piggy back ride back to the car
    So cool. Love it!

  3. #183
    Owly's Avatar
    Owly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,823
    When it takes you a moment to figure out that the man in the suit over there is giving you a funny look because you just took a shortcut and hopped over a parking lot fence in the middle of downtown while dressed in professional attire (with VFFs).

    When you walk around your local farmers market trying to spot the other paleo/primal folks in the crowd.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

    Owly's Journal

  4. #184
    Stabby's Avatar
    Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stabsville
    Posts
    2,462
    Buying meat at a farmer's market or farm is primal enough, but you get extra points if you ask them if they have any big sacks of fat that you could render into tallow. Mmm, greasy.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

    Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

  5. #185
    Ayla's Avatar
    Ayla is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    105
    I almost had a panic attack at the grocery store when I saw a complete stranger (and his kid) buying 24 2-liter bottles of Mountain Dew and Pepsi.
    28, female, 5'2"
    Went primal 7/28/10: 154 lbs.
    1/12/12: 135 lbs.
    Goal: 120 lbs.

  6. #186
    Alex Good's Avatar
    Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Maritimes
    Posts
    3,576
    When you go to work and forget your shoes.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

  7. #187
    Owly's Avatar
    Owly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    Buying meat at a farmer's market or farm is primal enough, but you get extra points if you ask them if they have any big sacks of fat that you could render into tallow. Mmm, greasy.
    Heh. I had a similar realization at the market recently when I walked away with pork fat, chicken livers, and eggs, but nothing most people think of as "meat".
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

    Owly's Journal

  8. #188
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Odessa/ Midland, TX
    Posts
    12,031
    I was at the neurologist's office. An 8th grade (13 yo, for nonAmericans) girl notices my shoes (skeletoes) and asks how comfy they are. I give my standard "they're similar to walking around barefoot but with a bit stiffer sole than the others I'm accustomed to. Vibram Five Fingers have a thinner sole and mimic the barefoot experience much more closely."
    A conversation later, it turns out that she was barefoot as much as possible and was looking for something she could wear on a class hiking trip. I recommended the KSOs or the Skeletoes. Meanwhile, her mother is giving her grief over picking things up with her toes and never wearing shoes. Mind you, the young woman was fairly fit looking and outwardly had no ailments other than the headaches she was at the doc's office for, whereas her mom was overweight (a large bone structure plus plenty of excess fat) and complained of fallen arches, aches and pains, not being able to walk barefoot without her calves hurting, yadayaadayada. I proceed to defend barefoot walk by explaining why her calves hurt and all that fun stuff. by the time they go back into the room, I have half the room convinced that A) the foot is the way it is for a reason, go barefoot, and B ) I'm a not one of THEM because I don't kowtow to the great CW, but I have good arguments to back up why I'm different.
    Just imagine if Id brought up Primal...
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

  9. #189
    Alex Good's Avatar
    Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Maritimes
    Posts
    3,576
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I was at the neurologist's office. An 8th grade (13 yo, for nonAmericans) girl notices my shoes (skeletoes) and asks how comfy they are. I give my standard "they're similar to walking around barefoot but with a bit stiffer sole than the others I'm accustomed to. Vibram Five Fingers have a thinner sole and mimic the barefoot experience much more closely."
    A conversation later, it turns out that she was barefoot as much as possible and was looking for something she could wear on a class hiking trip. I recommended the KSOs or the Skeletoes. Meanwhile, her mother is giving her grief over picking things up with her toes and never wearing shoes. Mind you, the young woman was fairly fit looking and outwardly had no ailments other than the headaches she was at the doc's office for, whereas her mom was overweight (a large bone structure plus plenty of excess fat) and complained of fallen arches, aches and pains, not being able to walk barefoot without her calves hurting, yadayaadayada. I proceed to defend barefoot walk by explaining why her calves hurt and all that fun stuff. by the time they go back into the room, I have half the room convinced that A) the foot is the way it is for a reason, go barefoot, and B ) I'm a not one of THEM because I don't kowtow to the great CW, but I have good arguments to back up why I'm different.
    Just imagine if Id brought up Primal...
    THEY are boring. Change THEM into real humans.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    31
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When you find yourself wishing chicken was all skin.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •