Page 16 of 162 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 16

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I picked up my dropped shower glove in the shower with my toes without even thinking about it. I can't do that with VFFs, though, and it irks me when I go to do that and realize I hafta take off barefoot shoes to do so. *sigh* The prices I pay to be able to earn and buy food.
    I thought everyone used their feet for stuff like that. I pick up things with my toes but also close assorted doors, move stuff around. Seems perfectly normal to me.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    I thought everyone used their feet for stuff like that. I pick up things with my toes but also close assorted doors, move stuff around. Seems perfectly normal to me.
    I did, too, until I hit college and got a roommate. Freaked her out the first day when I hipped the door closed, picked up a pencil and flung it onto my desk with my foot, and used my elbow to shove a box out of the way while holding another (two arm) box. Apparently, she'd never seen any of that (well, maybe the hip) before.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    When a deer hits your car, does a mid-air 360 and runs off and you're thinking, "Why couldn't you have died!! You would have been delicious!!"
    That happened to me 15 minutes before I posted this.
    Georgette

I did, too, until I hit college and got a roommate. Freaked her out the first day when I hipped the door closed, picked up a pencil and flung it onto my desk with my foot, and used my elbow to shove a box out of the way while holding another (two arm) box. Apparently, she'd never seen any of that (well, maybe the hip) before.
    I don't remember what I did, closed the dishwasher with my foot while doing something else I think, and my boyfriend asks "Did you just....."? Yeah, I guess so? I couldn't even recall it comes so naturally to me. At which point he had to give me a big kiss. He finds it all very charming. He's told me multiple times, "I don't want normal, I want you." Have I ever mentioned I have the best boyfriend ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    I don't remember what I did, closed the dishwasher with my foot while doing something else I think, and my boyfriend asks "Did you just....."? Yeah, I guess so? I couldn't even recall it comes so naturally to me. At which point he had to give me a big kiss. He finds it all very charming. He's told me multiple times, "I don't want normal, I want you." Have I ever mentioned I have the best boyfriend ever?
    My husband's the same way I am. Why use hands when your foot/ hip/ elbow/ other is already there?
    His comment when we first started dating, after I remarked that I'm not exactly your typical female, was to kiss me and say "Normal is boring. Besides, if I wanted a stereotypical female, I wouldn't have had to look past Fraternity Row. I found an engineering woman for a reason."
    Last edited by naiadknight; 04-15-2011 at 08:37 AM.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Nettle is offline Senior Member
    I've always done things like that and never considered it not normal. I also have no problem sitting on the ground, crawling, squatting, climbing and jumping over things. As I got older and older I started to notice that people thought this wasn't normal. Like the time I was walking with some friends and saw something back in a bush. I just squatted down and crawled into get it without thinking. They were shocked that I moved that way.
    Oh and climbing trees. I'm almost 40 and yes I still will climb the occasional tree, just because it's there...and fun.
    I also get comments from people when I sit on the floor. "Wow I wish I could do that? Are you sure you are comfortable we can find a chair somewhere?" It's like you hit a certain age or something and you're only supposed to stand upright and sit on a chair or bench. No rolling, or crawling or climbing ---though rock climbing is acceptable...that's a sport or course.

A couple of years ago I joined a gardening club and sometimes help with other peoples gardens. I've caused actual amusement because when I garden I'm right down on the ground in all sorts of positions. I'll crawl or slither and really get into the dirt. I don't care if I get dirty or muddy. My husband thinks it's hilarious when I come in and my face is streaked with soil. Just like a little kid he says.

Anyways this is one of the reasons when I found this site I knew I had found a group of people that wouldn't think I was completely nuts.

I mean why is climbing a tree or a up onto a boulder just a kid thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nettle View Post
    I've always done things like that and never considered it not normal. I also have no problem sitting on the ground, crawling, squatting, climbing and jumping over things. As I got older and older I started to notice that people thought this wasn't normal. Like the time I was walking with some friends and saw something back in a bush. I just squatted down and crawled into get it without thinking. They were shocked that I moved that way.
    Oh and climbing trees. I'm almost 40 and yes I still will climb the occasional tree, just because it's there...and fun.
    I also get comments from people when I sit on the floor. "Wow I wish I could do that? Are you sure you are comfortable we can find a chair somewhere?" It's like you hit a certain age or something and you're only supposed to stand upright and sit on a chair or bench. No rolling, or crawling or climbing ---though rock climbing is acceptable...that's a sport or course.

A couple of years ago I joined a gardening club and sometimes help with other peoples gardens. I've caused actual amusement because when I garden I'm right down on the ground in all sorts of positions. I'll crawl or slither and really get into the dirt. I don't care if I get dirty or muddy. My husband thinks it's hilarious when I come in and my face is streaked with soil. Just like a little kid he says.

Anyways this is one of the reasons when I found this site I knew I had found a group of people that wouldn't think I was completely nuts.

I mean why is climbing a tree or a up onto a boulder just a kid thing?
    I freaked a neighbor out when I hopped up onto his picket fence and walked the backing beam. I still sit on the floor without thinking about it (confused BS about it the first time I was at Twibble's home), contort into odd positions because it makes more sense than completely shifting positions, chase the neighborhood kids around, take them to the playground and outdo them on the monkey bars.
    My Primal Battle Tome

My husband's the same way I am. Why use hands when your foot/ hip/ elbow/ other is already there?
    His comment when we first started dating, after I remarked that I'm not exactly your typical female, was to kiss me and say "Normal is boring. Besides, if I wanted a stereotypical female, I wouldn't have had to look past Fraternity Row. I found an engineering woman for a reason."
    A man who loves your quirks and intelligence is wonderful. Mine's remarked a couple of times that none of the women he's ever been in a relationship with ever liked doing the stuff we do together. Wading in creeks and getting covered in mud and slime, urban exploring. The area where we're building has a lot of abandoned spaces which we explore. Parts are industrial and you can find iron machine parts laying around. The cooler ones we take home and decorate with. There was a factory that used marbles for something, I think they were melted and used in commercial coatings, but they're scattered all over one area. We go out and collect them. Not sure what we'll do with them but we have a big bucket full.

Nettle is offline Senior Member
    I freaked a neighbor out when I hopped up onto his picket fence and walked the backing beam. I still sit on the floor without thinking about it (confused BS about it the first time I was at Twibble's home), contort into odd positions because it makes more sense than completely shifting positions, chase the neighborhood kids around, take them to the playground and outdo them on the monkey bars.
    A kindred spirit! I don't think I could use the monkey bars that well anymore but that's in the process of changing now as I have lost a lot of upper body strength over the years. Love the fence thing. I shocked my neighbor too when we were going out to her field to check on her cattle and instead of walking over to open the gate I just climbed the fence.

This primal thing has really inspired me to bring back the play factor into my daily chores too. The other day I had to move a bunch of rocks and bark mulch in a wheel barrow. I turned it into my own little game and mini challenge time. Okay so this time I'm going to run with the wheelbarrow to this point, then spin around twice, then run around that tree and run around that rock... Okay lets see how fast I can dig the mulch from the pile and get it to the garden bed. Okay now can I beat that time? It was so much more fun and great exercise too. Way better then just lugging it back and forth. Though I expect if any neighbors saw me they would be wondering what the heck I was on.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettle View Post
    Though I expect if any neighbors saw me they would be wondering what the heck I was on.
    Pfft. Who cares what folks think? If I cared what folks thought, I wouldn't be who I am and I'd actually give a damn about keeping up with the Joneses.
    My Primal Battle Tome