Page 157 of 161 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1606

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 157

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    When you wake up on Boxing Day to steak and eggs (soufflé) as left-overs, to be eaten for breakfast.
    mmmm!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    When the holiday dinner at work rolls around, and you have to promise to leave a little meat for everybody else. Because they know by now.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    When you ask for dark chocolate and hope people don't get you the cheap artificially flavored 60% "dark" chocolate. 90% at minimum, please.
    When something made with supposedly "dark" chocolate is made from those sickly sweet regular chocolate chips. Yuk!

Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    Pork rinds are better than crackers for everything. Try then with guacamole.
    Pork rinds with salsa.

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    When something made with supposedly "dark" chocolate is made from those sickly sweet regular chocolate chips. Yuk!

Pork rinds with salsa.
    Pork rinds with anything. I had them with cheesy spinach artichoke dip this week, delicious.

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    ... Your family gets you five bars of 72-88% dark chocolate for Christmas. Oh nom nom nom.

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    ... Your family gets you five bars of 72-88% dark chocolate for Christmas. Oh nom nom nom.

When the 72% they got you is way too sweet and you go home for some 90%.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    When you cannot for the life of you understand what everyone else has against stairs. They line up to fit on a narrow escalator and ignore the wide open completely empty stairs. I had a couple of hours to wait for a train the other day, and went in and out of the station, up and down the stairs a couple of times. I saw about three other people going down them, and not one going up. What am I missing here?

Artemis67 is offline Senior Member
    When you flee out the back door at the end of your volunteer shifts because your fellow volunteers are so kind and well-meaning that they will insist upon giving you a ride. And they just don't seem to understand that yes, you really do want to walk all the way home, because it's only three miles and it's not raining hard at all, and that big hill on the way? You love it because you remember thinking you were going to DIE the first time you walked it, but now you can haul ass right on up it as if it were nothing.

ETA: At least once a week, someone looks at you in utter shock and asks, "You walked here?!"

When you haven't set foot on an escalator in months. I'm with Hilary; the extent to which most people are stair-avoidant baffles me.

When you own enough pairs of VFFs to run a special laundry load just for them (okay, a small load, but still). And you have a plain black pair that have somehow taken on the role of "dress shoes."
    Last edited by Artemis67; 12-31-2013 at 07:04 PM.

babinc is offline Junior Member
    When you have a chocolate box and instead of feeling like eating it, you feel angry that it even exists and that there are people getting money by selling that s***, and then you throw the box away as if those chocolates were poison(in fact they are). OR when you hang out with friends and dont even care about their comments (of how you have lost your mind doing a "weird" and "non sense" diet), instead of using that old technique of "eating socially".

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis67 View Post
    When you flee out the back door at the end of your volunteer shifts because your fellow volunteers are so kind and well-meaning that they will insist upon giving you a ride. And they just don't seem to understand that yes, you really do want to walk all the way home, because it's only three miles and it's not raining hard at all, and that big hill on the way? You love it because you remember thinking you were going to DIE the first time you walked it, but now you can haul ass right on up it as if it were nothing.

ETA: At least once a week, someone looks at you in utter shock and asks, "You walked here?!"

When you haven't set foot on an escalator in months. I'm with Hilary; the extent to which most people are stair-avoidant baffles me.

When you own enough pairs of VFFs to run a special laundry load just for them (okay, a small load, but still). And you have a plain black pair that have somehow taken on the role of "dress shoes."
    Yup, people are weird. It's all the weirder for me as I'm short, 41, somewhat overweight, not particularly fit, absolutely not remotely sporty, ever, at all… and there are people half my age and probably about 65% of my weight acting as if the stairs were strictly 'down only'.

I know how you feel about your hill, too. There's one on the way home that I couldn't cycle up without stopping a few years ago, and now I do it without noticing. And yes... 'You cycled?!?'