Page 155 of 162 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1614

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 155

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Recreational shopping is when you go out to buy stuff even though you don't need it because you already have something very much like it. Recreational shopping is when you have to give away clothes every year because you keep buying and don't have room to keep perfectly good clothing that isn't even out of style. Recreational shopping is where you feel guilty if you don't go out and shop on a day when you're supposed to, but you aren't even sure why. Recreational shopping is where you go shopping when you're bored and for no other reason. Recreational shopping is buying stuff that's on sale, even though you have no use for it, but it's such a bargain!

Window shopping only is not recreational shopping.
    So I have recreational shopping to thank for all the lovely new, cute, well-fitting items I keep getting from charity shops? To be honest, charity-shopping is more fun than recreational shopping. Charity shopping is hunting for a good bargain, going out to get 3 t-shirts and not having a clue what sort of style they'll be in, getting everything for cheap and being happy that the money's going to a good cause. Recreational shopping sounds like Orwellian "supply limitation", but individual and self-imposed.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    So I have recreational shopping to thank for all the lovely new, cute, well-fitting items I keep getting from charity shops? To be honest, charity-shopping is more fun than recreational shopping. Charity shopping is hunting for a good bargain, going out to get 3 t-shirts and not having a clue what sort of style they'll be in, getting everything for cheap and being happy that the money's going to a good cause. Recreational shopping sounds like Orwellian "supply limitation", but individual and self-imposed.
    It's really only a problem for those who can't afford it, or who otherwise feel the need to do it even though they don't like doing it.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    YKYPW eating brie cheese spread on pork rinds makes more sense to you than spreading it on bread or crackers.

Kochin, I love the thrifts! I hadn't had an office job in years and years, and when I got one, I got five blouses, four pairs of office-appropriate slacks, and a suede Anne Klein skirt from a thrift for less than $70. I had to cut out four shoulder pads, but otherwise, they were just lovely.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    YKYPW eating brie cheese spread on pork rinds makes more sense to you than spreading it on bread or crackers.

Kochin, I love the thrifts! I hadn't had an office job in years and years, and when I got one, I got five blouses, four pairs of office-appropriate slacks, and a suede Anne Klein skirt from a thrift for less than $70. I had to cut out four shoulder pads, but otherwise, they were just lovely.
    Pork rinds are better than crackers for everything. Try then with guacamole.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    When your xmas list consists of coconut oil, certificate from the local butcher and meat for beef jerky....and your family knows you are not kidding!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

When you ask for dark chocolate and hope people don't get you the cheap artificially flavored 60% "dark" chocolate. 90% at minimum, please.

When your workout takes less time than other people's warmups, and you don't do warmups.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

DeniseB is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jandge View Post
    Well, I didn't feel bad - it was an incredible treat. It just tasted really really amazing - and the garlic lost the spiciness and got crispy and chewy at the same time. So good.
    +1
    I am totally hooked on this! =D

Heyo Jay is offline Senior Member
    When you have sex with multiple people and it's totally okay.
    My interesting paleo weight loss blog

Quote Originally Posted by Heyo Jay View Post
    Did I miss this memo?

Quote Originally Posted by Heyo Jay View Post
    I've known bread eaters who do this. I think it is just a matter of not being in a relationship and knowing how to get it. Still, eat steak, not cake!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app