Page 154 of 161 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1606

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 154

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My husband is getting a 12-bar case of Epic Bars for christmas from me. He's so excited about the product. LOL So, I went ahead and ordered a case for him. Maybe one day, I'll get him the "master case."

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Not for this American. I also don't do reality TV.
    Cultural trends are interesting. Only those who don't participate are even aware of them.

I don't have a television myself.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Not for this American. I also don't do reality TV.
    I don't know if walking around to look at all the colors is considered recreational shopping, but I'll plead guilty if it is. I rarely ever come home with anything though; can't stand clutter or trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    I don't know if walking around to look at all the colors is considered recreational shopping, but I'll plead guilty if it is. I rarely ever come home with anything though; can't stand clutter or trinkets.
    Recreational shopping is when you go out to buy stuff even though you don't need it because you already have something very much like it. Recreational shopping is when you have to give away clothes every year because you keep buying and don't have room to keep perfectly good clothing that isn't even out of style. Recreational shopping is where you feel guilty if you don't go out and shop on a day when you're supposed to, but you aren't even sure why. Recreational shopping is where you go shopping when you're bored and for no other reason. Recreational shopping is buying stuff that's on sale, even though you have no use for it, but it's such a bargain!

Window shopping only is not recreational shopping.

cmjg7517 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    This very evening, at church, delivering up two teen daughters for an overnight lock-in, where dinner was to be made in the church kitchen - first off, mine brought bacon. Lots of bacon. Then, as all the adoring boys gather 'round my one daughter, who commandeered the knife and the stove, as the rest of them obviously couldn't cook, started pontificating on the virtues of bacon fat to the girls, who all were "ewwwwww" either because of vegetarianism or a dislike of fat in general.

Her first kitchen command - "don't any of you DARE throw out the bacon fat!! I'm sautéeing onions in that!!!" I think I am going to hafta beat one of the young males off with a bat when I get to church tomorrow morning...
    She gets it.
    5'4/125

Jenry Hennings is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmjg7517 View Post
    She gets it.
    *She'll get it

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbeast View Post
    YKYPW...

... You've pondered shifting your life around completely, job-wise and all, so you can a) sell your car and b) use the car payment money to buy more bacon.
    "Sometimes, you gotta crash the truck to get the insurance money to make the truck payment."

What your post reminds me off.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    YKWYPW,

You walk past a bakery and it smells like chemicals there while the butcher next door smells like heaven
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    YKWYPW,

You walk past a bakery and it smells like chemicals there while the butcher next door smells like heaven
    You know you are primal when you walk past a candy store and it smells like chemicals from all the artificial flavorings and junk they add to perfectly good chocolate, that is now ruined.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    ...when you hug your sweetie and he smells like BBQ smoke and you go, "yummmm".