Page 152 of 162 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1616

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 152

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    LOL, Texas Grok. I can identify. I've been trying to use my car less and my legs more (supplemented by public transit). The feeling of "oh crap, I'm going to fall over backwards" when I've over-filled my backpack and I'm still lugging more bags has occurred.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    It is always a debate for me between hauling more weight up 3 flights of stairs or taking two trips with weight up the stairs. I usually go with one trip with more weight, and I run up the stairs.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    LOL, Texas Grok. I can identify. I've been trying to use my car less and my legs more (supplemented by public transit). The feeling of "oh crap, I'm going to fall over backwards" when I've over-filled my backpack and I'm still lugging more bags has occurred.
    Get a folding shopping cart. I had one the years I didn't have a car, and I absolutely wore it out.

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Bicycle. Paniers. (Downside: it takes me 10 minutes to unpack everything from bags and cram it into paniers.) 30lb+ of shopping gets home that way (and I'm small and not remotely fit).

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    Bicycle. Paniers. (Downside: it takes me 10 minutes to unpack everything from bags and cram it into paniers.) 30lb+ of shopping gets home that way (and I'm small and not remotely fit).
    I have grocery panniers they just clip on to my bike rack. I take them into the store and fill them and then when I get home I unclip them and bring them in and unload, couldn't be faster.
    Amazon.com: Avenir Metro 2.0 Shopping Pannier (1, 100 - Cubic Inches): Sports & Outdoors
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I have a folding cart, though I call it my old lady cart. It's perfect for some things. However, if I fill it too full, it's a bitch to get on the bus or streetcar and I have to make sure I'm doing it during non-rush hours because it's kind of rude to pull one of those things into a crowded bus.

If anyone ever sees me post that I'll ride a bike in this city, please send the men in white coats. Between the state of the roads, the tourists, and the drunk drivers, I will never ride a bike here. Which is a shame, because I enjoy bikes. I can get about 30 pounds of groceries home in my giant backpack and a couple of light carries, but I really like it better when the load is a tad lighter.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    YKYAPW you take the dog for a 3 hour hike where everyone is giving you the (as my dh calls it) "bish be crazy!" looks because apperently its not normal to go around in a t-shirt, capris and xero barefoot sandles when its 4 degrees out... (was perfectly comfortable)
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

brighteye is offline Junior Member
    Always having butter in the fridge is top priority. You get really uncomfortable when the butter is running out and you and your partner have a word for it: BUTTER CRISIS!

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brighteye View Post
    Always having butter in the fridge is top priority. You get really uncomfortable when the butter is running out and you and your partner have a word for it: BUTTER CRISIS!
    You may want to build up a stockpile in the freezer, there are rumors of an upcoming grass fed butter shortage.

You know you are primal when you recommend that people build up a stockpile of grass fed butter.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When the crystalline texture of light layer of fluffy snow on your car reminds you of pork rind crumbs. And you wonder why there are none at the moment in your pantry and berate yourself.