Page 149 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1606

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 149

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    When you honestly contemplate eating the neighbor's stupid yappy dog and realize it'd probably taste like the shitty kibble they feed it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    When you honestly contemplate eating the neighbor's stupid yappy dog and realize it'd probably taste like the shitty kibble they feed it.
    Haven't had dog. Had camel and horse and (I think) monkey in Nigeria. But I'm ready for my first doggy dish, have my cookbook ready for recipes: "101 ways to Wok your dog".....sorry, couldn't resist.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Haven't had dog. Had camel and horse and (I think) monkey in Nigeria. But I'm ready for my first doggy dish, have my cookbook ready for recipes: "101 ways to Wok your dog".....sorry, couldn't resist.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Wynn42 is offline Junior Member
    That is very clever. I love it. If it were acceptable to eat dog in the US, you'd be rich

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    I'm closing out the year on "ultra-paleo".

*meat and vegetables*

Not even butter or olive oil, I cook the meat in it's own fat baby! No fruit either. No dairy. No 85% chocolate bars. No games. Just meat and leaves dammit.

...it's quite pure and refreshing feeling. ^^
    More power to you. I sure couldn't do it (nor would I want to attempt it - such strict plans generally result in massive failure for me, where more flexible plans don't)

Oh that's bad. LOL. I couldn't eat dog unless it was that or starve. They co-evolved with us to be our companions and I just couldn't eat one unless I had no other options. I'd eat bugs, etc. long before I caved to eating dog.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Trust me, after listening to this thing yap for hours on end, you want to kill it and not waste the meat.
    I've threatened to wok my parents' chihuahua mix. It must hear the animosity, because it gets it to shut up. Oddly enough, after threatening to wok it, the dog tries to curl up on my lap.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 10-23-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    When you are fasting and find out that you are going to a basketball game right after work, so you stop at walmart and get a block of cheese and a can of sardines to avoid having to eat arena food.

Chewy is offline Junior Member
    When you skip lunch to avoid eating something unidentifiable. (on the road yesterday, bad planning!) The service station I tried had nothing I wanted to eat, even the biltong was contaminated with nasties.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Or when you forget lunch altogether after bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Or when lunch falls by the wayside because you still aren't hungry after last night's dinner.
    My Primal Battle Tome