Page 147 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1616

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 147

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    When you eat out at a posh restaurant, and instead of dessert ask for a second starter.
    Lol I do that! Them fancy bacon steaks are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Jenry Hennings is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftinglife View Post
    How's this.... You know your primal when you wake up in the morning and check this form before you check Facebook.... Smh lol
    Yup, primal as fuck checking out an internet forum before social media haha although, grok does twitter

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Lol maybe sounds that way, but it is all acceptable for primal... I like my bacon and eggs to... Well really it's all healthy so who cares.

You may want to reconcisder the flax, it is actually one of the most unstable "edible" oils, very easily oxidized. It is almost certainly rancid when you consume it. Search around this and other paleo oriented sites, it is well documented. Fish is a MUCH better source of omega 3, unless you enjoy the flavor of rancid seed oil on your prunes. (Sounds like an express ticket to the bathroom!) Butter or coconut oil would be better for general cooking or adding fat to meals.

You know you're primal when you tell people to stop eating "healthy" foods like flax and eat healthy foods instead like butter.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    You may want to reconcisder the flax, it is actually one of the most unstable "edible" oils, very easily oxidized. It is almost certainly rancid when you consume it. Search around this and other paleo oriented sites, it is well documented. Fish is a MUCH better source of omega 3, unless you enjoy the flavor of rancid seed oil on your prunes. (Sounds like an express ticket to the bathroom!) Butter or coconut oil would be better for general cooking or adding fat to meals.

You know you're primal when you tell people to stop eating "healthy" foods like flax and eat healthy foods instead like butter.
    Very truth. Flax is the absolute worst. Not primal, not healthy, not tasty. Olive oil is better. Bacon fat is better. Tallow is better. Coconut oil is better. So many better choices. Get rid of it. Please.

Liftinglife is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post

Watch out primal police

Watch out primal police
    I really think he was just trying to help you out. His advice was sound. If you want to ignore it, that's up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I really think he was just trying to help you out. His advice was sound. If you want to ignore it, that's up to you.
    It does not help. And it's incorrect. Mark specifically says that flax seed oil is ok for younger woman (me). Men are the only ones who can't consume to much flax because of there prostate. I don't have a prostate and I do have IBS flax is allowed on primal. Too much meat stops me up, a prune dipped in a little flax on occasion helps me. Ugh, seriously don't know why I'm defending my choices to a stranger!?!? Why do people think it's helpful to criticize and critique people they don't know?

Even if it wasn't primal mark specifically states the 90/20 rule. I am human. Jeze.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Even if it wasn't primal mark specifically states the 90/20 rule. I am human. Jeze.
    I'm just going to leave that.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I didn't see his post as being critical. I think you're being overly sensitive. Kind of like flax oil is overly sensitive to oxidation. Boom.