Page 144 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1616

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 144

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    When you have visitors and can't find the toaster for their breakfast! They went out and bought bread so they wouldn't 'starve'
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    When you are out at the meat market holding a smoked goat head. I wanted to buy it but couldn't figger out what to do with it.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

You are reading you're MDA forums, drop your iPhone in your plate with your ribeye. Pick it up, lick it off and keep reading.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    When you are out at the meat market holding a smoked goat head. I wanted to buy it but couldn't figger out what to do with it.
    Check out recipes for headcheese and goat head soup. They might not necessarily be on primal/paleo sites, but you can switch out various oils, etc.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Eat it? Sounds deliciously like the kind of goat heads uyghurs used to serve at feasts in my beloved Urumqi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

I'm gonna have to try it. I can't resist. Even as a young kid, I'm a grown kid now, I would eat all manner of things most others wouldn't touch. Tripe, head cheese, and things like that. Having Italian immigrant grandparents gave me good exposure to non-Americanized food.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Eat it? Sounds deliciously like the kind of goat heads uyghurs used to serve at feasts in my beloved Urumqi.

Did they roast them and just pick at them or like mentioned above make a soup with them?

Did they roast them and just pick at them or like mentioned above make a soup with them?
    Pick at them. Eyeballs and brains are delicious if you get past the "ewww" factor. The meat around the cheek area is also amazing.

I guess making a soup would be easier to stomach, literally.

------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Nah. I'd eat eyes and brains.

You've tried them?

You know you are primal when...

Nah. I'd eat eyes and brains.

You've tried them?
    I am Chinese and grew up on the Silk Road. I have tried everything

Apparently I ate a rat when I was little in china. Now that is some sketchy quality control.

------