Page 139 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1606

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 139

Jenry Hennings is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal_alien View Post
    You know you're primal when you smack dat ass Bro.
    When you *club dat ass..

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    When you shake your head every time your stepmother keeps on saying: "Everything in moderation!" when talking about losing weight... (Got a few funny looks )

When you try to convince your stepmother to go Primal and she agrees with you that it's a better diet for diabetics, but keeps on saying that whole grains and carbs are good... and you just shake your head and start explaining it all over again.

... How can you actually think that a Primal diet is better for diabetics but not for yourself? (She doesn't have diabetes).
    That's what my parents say too! ''Everything in moderation''. I get so frustrated with them. In that case, why not have cocaine in moderation? Or engine oil? I mean, how can eating sugar 'in moderation' be better for you than not eating it at all?!!

T.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I know that moderation is a dirty word around these parts, but I wonder if that's a good thing. I've read a lot of posts about quitting wheat and dairy totally only to have very bad reactions to them during a small backslide. Perhaps it isn't such a bad idea to expose one's self to the occasional poison so that one can deal with them? Vaccines, after all, are exposure to the "poison," so that one can build up an immunity.

Cocaine in moderation isn't terrible. It's just another drug like alcohol. I've got nothing against purists, but it isn't what everyone believes.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    YKYPW you spend you public holiday Monday messing around in the park making a video for the 21 day challenge! (if you want a sneak peak, it's already up on my blog!)
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Friends used to call you Sally, as in When Harry Met Sally, because you shared her inane eating particularities. And today as you fried up eggs and pieces of shell dropped in, you thought "who cares, more calcium for me".

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    When your flight home is delayed by 3+ hours, you haven't eaten since 10am, you now won't get home til after 11pm, and just shrug and think "eh, I'll just eat tomorrow" since all the airport nearby is crap.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    When your flight home is delayed by 3+ hours, you haven't eaten since 10am, you now won't get home til after 11pm, and just shrug and think "eh, I'll just eat tomorrow" since all the airport nearby is crap.
    What, not a single BBQ place in the airport? Even the crappy Austin airport has a saltlick...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    What, not a single BBQ place in the airport? Even the crappy Austin airport has a saltlick...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    There was a Dickey's, but I'd eaten so much real BBQ by that point of the trip that crappy BBQ didn't sound appealing. I could've taken the train back over to the international terminal, but opted to be lazy and read while waiting instead.

The_Introvert_Huntress is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    So... much... crappy... airport... food!!!

When we came back from our vacation to Tunesia, all they had at the airport was some kind of Burger King, but with a different name, and a place where you could get pizza slices. The Burger King place happened to be out of burgers.

... We got crappy lukewarm pizza slices instead.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Ykypw you finish a whole 30 and already have a tub of sour cream ready but don't even care for the chocolate!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)