Page 121 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1616

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 121

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    YKYPW:
    -you bought 60 eggs (at 5) last week and, as the offer's still up and you're running low, you get another 60 only a week later!
    -you eat 7 scrambled, curried eggs with an onion, an avocado and some nori and you're not sure if you ate ENOUGH eggs.
    -your avocado is slightly gone at one end, but you eat it anyways, because it still TASTES of avocado and you know your body can take any teeny invaders.
    -you're pondering switching from sunflower seeds to tahini as your regular seed; the price lures you in and the extra fat and calcium clinches the deal.
    -you're STILL not certain whether you were ill last week, as your only symptom was a heavy chest while doing your weighted walking and a slightly crusty nose in the morning.
    -you feel naughty for snacking at dates all day and provide yourself with cacao nibs and nori, to add some variety.

PS:
    -you are positively, ecstatically DELIGHTED to find out that the local market sells "veg bags" at 50p each, to get rid of yesterday's produce. 1 avocado (slightly nibbled by something), 1 gala apple (a bit wrinkly) and 1 grapefruit (with a dent) for 50p. 400g of broccoli (stems a bit bendy) for 50p. 600g of cabbage (can't see what's wrong with it) for 50p. I am in veggie heaven right now.
    Last edited by Kochin; 04-29-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    You can't believe how much wasted floor space there is in supermarkets.
    It isn't wasted if you know how to supermarket-safari.
    "And in the spreads and preserves aisle, to the left of the jam, a large specimen of a WeightWatcher checks the nutrition of a jam against her points book. Disappointed, she puts it down and leaves the aisle, glancing at the peanut butter on her way out. Will she resist that pull, or will she return to slyly place the jam in her basket? Tune in later to find out her fate."
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Auray is offline Junior Member
    .....any horizontal bar within reach makes you wonder if you could sneak in a few pull ups.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    YKYPW ... you spend your work-day posting on the MDA forums ...

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    When your team wins a free breakfast at work and you suggest steak and eggs. Everyone agrees, says that sounds great, and they decide to get buy one get one free Subway breakfast sandwiches of the "steak" and "eggs" flavor...

When you haven't been to Subway in such a long time that you didn't know that they sold breakfast.

When the concept of breakfast itself is becoming more and more obsolete.

When you are the only person driving with the windows open who ISN'T smoking something or throwing garbage out.

When you begin to think of regular people as a herd of herbivorous prey animals.

When you add half a stick of butter to things you cook in order to make it healthier.

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    YKYPW you see a thread titled, "Tips on how to get rid of batwings?" and you wonder what bat tastes like.

waterjen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegas76 View Post
    YKYPW you see a thread titled, "Tips on how to get rid of batwings?" and you wonder what bat tastes like.
    And whether Pete's Fine Meats in Houston sells them...

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    When you open the fridge at work and see a big jug of soy "milk" with a big angry sign on it saying "THIS IS MY SOY MILK, NOT YOURS!!! DON'T DRINK MY SOY MILK!!!" and you literally laugh out loud at the thought of stealing something that disgusting.

When you put your leftover grass fed beef with squid in the same fridge with no concern that it might be stolen.

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    It turns out that "don't shop when you're hungry" applies to us, too.

"Gosh, I hope 2 pounds of ground beef, 1 pound of rib eye, 1 pound of pork chops, 1 pound of crab legs, and three packages of bacon is enough meat for a week!"

(I live alone.)

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Violette_R View Post
    It turns out that "don't shop when you're hungry" applies to us, too.

"Gosh, I hope 2 pounds of ground beef, 1 pound of rib eye, 1 pound of pork chops, 1 pound of crab legs, and three packages of bacon is enough meat for a week!"

(I live alone.)
    When you have to go shopping AGAIN in the middle of the week because you are out of eggs, meat or salad vegetables.