Page 119 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1606

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 119

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Love this! Where is there a steak house that has bacon sauteed brussell sprouts?

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    You go to a steak house and get a 22 ounce bone in rib eye and bacon sauted brussel sprouts and are super happy to be sticking to your diet.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

MorganGirl is offline Member
    Oh I have another one...

When you cook bacon in the morning, your kids run around the house as excited as if it were xmas morning...

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    When you're having half a kilo of 20% fat mince for breakfast. And you melt butter and extra-thick double-cream on it.....
    When you read this as '20 fat mice' and think...mmm, with butter and cream!

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    Love this! Where is there a steak house that has bacon sauteed brussell sprouts?
    I had something that sounded similar to this at Sullivan's in Charlotte.

VADogWalker is offline Member
    When I look in the spare fridge and panic because we only have FIVE DOZEN eggs left!

Paleobird Guest
    When you realize that the contents of your freezer could populate a small zoo and an aquarium.

Seriously. ATM, I have these:
    Salmon, ahi tuna, lobster, shrimp, scallops, cow, lamb, goat, deer, boar, bison, antelope, ostrich.
    but I also like rabbit, alligator, elk, and kangaroo when I can get them

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    When you realize that the contents of your freezer could populate a small zoo and an aquarium.

Seriously. ATM, I have these:
    Salmon, ahi tuna, lobster, shrimp, scallops, cow, lamb, goat, deer, boar, bison, antelope, ostrich.
    but I also like rabbit, alligator, elk, and kangaroo when I can get them
    Hmmm... not sure whether I have a girl crush on Paleobird, or I'm just in love with her freezer contents. I do tend toward fickle.

I was thinking sort of the same thing this morning. My freezer looks different. Tons of NZ beef, ice cubes in ziplock bags to keep the ice cube trays ready for bone broth. There's a tongue and a heart in there that didn't used to be. Some ground lamb now that I've gotten over my whole, "I won't eat babies" thing. And the house is filled with the steamy sound of a pressure cooker while I make some bison bone broth. It's definitely different around here than it was back in June 2012.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Hmmm... not sure whether I have a girl crush on Paleobird, or I'm just in love with her freezer contents. I do tend toward fickle.

I was thinking sort of the same thing this morning. My freezer looks different. Tons of NZ beef, ice cubes in ziplock bags to keep the ice cube trays ready for bone broth. There's a tongue and a heart in there that didn't used to be. Some ground lamb now that I've gotten over my whole, "I won't eat babies" thing. And the house is filled with the steamy sound of a pressure cooker while I make some bison bone broth. It's definitely different around here than it was back in June 2012.
    It's love.

And I want the contents of both of your freezers.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    It is definitely love...maybe lust but I am moving towards love and I don't even believe in love But for those contents..oh yeah...
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    .... when your cruise ship breakfast consists of:

butter in coffee
    two fried eggs with double the bacon, and some butter
    smoked salmon with cream cheese (poor bagel sat off to the side, unwanted)

... and when you come off a week's cruise, and you have lost a little weight.