Page 116 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1616

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 116

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Me: When I run out of half and half, I use butter in my coffee.
    Friend: I love you but you're weird.
    Me: Think how butter is made....
    Friend: Oh yeah, so I guess it makes sense. But you're still weird.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Oh, hell yes! Or, at the very least, somebody who cares about their health.
    Thank you! This is a source of much contention right now. My mate has a number of health issues that she just refuses to address beyond a little symptom-treating. Won't even take the CW solutions, let alone the primal ones. It's so tough to have to watch someone you care about not take care of themselves. It's starting to reach the point where it seems more and more like really prioritizing healthy living is going to be a dealbreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by primitiverenaissance View Post
    Thank you! This is a source of much contention right now. My mate has a number of health issues that she just refuses to address beyond a little symptom-treating. Won't even take the CW solutions, let alone the primal ones. It's so tough to have to watch someone you care about not take care of themselves. It's starting to reach the point where it seems more and more like really prioritizing healthy living is going to be a dealbreaker.
    Same here. My boyfriend isn't healthy, and seems to think he is (cases of beer, pastries, pasta...). Doesn't work out even. He'd be freaked out if I told him what I ate during the time I don't see him and we don't go out and eat. That's the only reason I'm 80/20- just because of the eating when I'm out with him or his family. Or I'd be 100% paleo. It's been weighing on me... Being healthy has always been a big part of who I am, and so has working out, and I'm... Torn. It's not like it's something I can turn off or become less interested in.

I also realize that he'd freak out if he saw me wearing my Vibram 5 toes... or saw the amount of meat/paleo food I ate in a day... He probably wouldn't think buying coconut oil in bulk was a good thing either, or buying meat in bulk...

Back to main topic- when you read this entire thread within three days.
    ‎"I've heard tell that what you imagine sometimes comes true " - Roald Dahl

“Keep making things and treating people well.”- Jason Gregory

"Don’t try to be different. Just be good. To be good is different enough."- Arthur Freed

5'6"
    24 year old female
    Current: Always between 115 and 119.
    Goal: Get ripped.
    My Journal

Badkty22 is offline Senior Member
    YKYP when...

You are at a movie theatre surrounded by all the junk food and you think, "hmm, pot roast sounds awesome right now!" (happened today)

You don't feel the least bit guilty sleeping in when you can- sleep good, alarm clock bad

You get genuinely excited when someone mentions a new butcher shop across town that you have to go check out. (I'm going next week!)

Someone tells you they are vegetarian/vegan/whatever and you just nod your head and think to yourself "yes, more meat for me!"

You realize that you have single-handedly introduced your stubborn, vegetable-hating SO to more kinds of veggies in the last month than he has had in the last 30+ years. And then his family congratulates you on your accomplishment

You realize your old idea of cooking was a pot of spaghetti, and now you are busting out delicious, real meals every day

You try to eat a candy bar and you spit it out because the "chocolate" tastes nasty (Butterfinger, for the record)

You actually climb a tree, just because it was there and you can

Quote Originally Posted by amber_maiden View Post
    Same here. My boyfriend isn't healthy, and seems to think he is (cases of beer, pastries, pasta...). Doesn't work out even. He'd be freaked out if I told him what I ate during the time I don't see him and we don't go out and eat. That's the only reason I'm 80/20- just because of the eating when I'm out with him or his family. Or I'd be 100% paleo. It's been weighing on me... Being healthy has always been a big part of who I am, and so has working out, and I'm... Torn. It's not like it's something I can turn off or become less interested in.

I also realize that he'd freak out if he saw me wearing my Vibram 5 toes... or saw the amount of meat/paleo food I ate in a day... He probably wouldn't think buying coconut oil in bulk was a good thing either, or buying meat in bulk...

Back to main topic- when you read this entire thread within three days.
    My SO is at least supportive of my health choices. That's something, of course. But she recently was told she had early signs of osteoperosis (at age 30); she basically didn't believe me when I told her that while calcium supplements are probably a good idea, that they won't do so much good unless she starts getting some resistance exercise. But it's physical stress on the bones that causes them to build/get stronger, just as with muscles. That's not even a controversial idea (standard info in an anatomy class), but she doesn't want to exercise, so she kind of wrote it off. Very frustrating.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    YKYPW... You see Sainsburys has Pork roast with crackling on sale 50% off and then marked down to half that (close to sell by date) & practically clear the shelf while cackling gleefully...

Lady in the checkout line behind me looked absolutely horrified at my pile of pork & veggies

Mmmmm pulled pork & crackling!
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    That's it. I am coming to Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    YKYPW... You see Sainsburys has Pork roast with crackling on sale 50% off and then marked down to half that (close to sell by date) & practically clear the shelf while cackling gleefully...

Lady in the checkout line behind me looked absolutely horrified at my pile of pork & veggies

Mmmmm pulled pork & crackling!
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

tzulogic is offline Member
    When you feel the irresistible urge to chase squirrels up trees and scarf them down raw. Or...am I the only one who feels that way?

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tzulogic View Post
    When you feel the irresistible urge to chase squirrels up trees and scarf them down raw. Or...am I the only one who feels that way?
    If you sit still for only an hour, most animals (even the most frighty) will get near enough for you to snatch one.
    Never done it, but always tempted. Especially with "humanized" squirrels and pigeons.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by primitiverenaissance View Post
    I told her that while calcium supplements are probably a good idea.
    Probably a good idea if you want to have a heart attack. Otherwise, probably not so much. Calcium Supplements: Why You Should Think Twice