Page 109 of 162 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1616

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 109

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I love roast beast!

I've called it roast beast for at least the last 25 years...

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    YKYPW your watching them make steamed burgers on Man vrs Food and (as they drain off the fat while saying it makes a leaner burger) Scream at the TV "But I LIKE the FAT! Youve Ruined IT!"

YKYPW The Quorn Advert comes on with them saying "you probably think you cant have this Spaghetti bolonase and still eat healthy"
    And your first thought is, "you could if you tossed the pasta!"
    Followed by barfing sounds when they say to use the nasty Quorn to sub for the mince.....
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    YKYPW:
    Every further health benefit you or other Groks enjoy is "thanks to eggs/fat" and every problem anyone suffers is prescribed a cure of "more fat/eggs".
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    When you stop buying Rib-Eye and replace it with sirloin for your kid because you can't stand watching him cut off and throw away the best part of the Rib-Eye steaks any more.

Seriously. He cuts off that delicious outer ring of meat at the edge and throws it away. Drives me nuts.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    When you stop buying Rib-Eye and replace it with sirloin for your kid because you can't stand watching him cut off and throw away the best part of the Rib-Eye steaks any more.

Seriously. He cuts off that delicious outer ring of meat at the edge and throws it away. Drives me nuts.
    The kiddies get gluten-free sausages at our place when the rib eye comes out.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    The kiddies get gluten-free sausages at our place when the rib eye comes out.
    I would SOOOO make the same decision!!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Mm I want steak for dinner

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    When you're hanging out with some people during an inter-lecture lunch and you notice:
    -everybody MUST eat, and go to quite a length to get food
    -nobody brings their own food, despite knowing they "must eat"
    -nobody is full at the end of their meal (sandwich/pasta salad, juice/fizzy drink, crisps/cake/oat biscuits)
    -some people are still "starving" up until their sugar-refill pudding
    -everyone is exhausted by the time they're in the next lecture, and need a nap
    -nobody stands or walks AT ALL during lunch, just get to the canteen, get food and sit around, even when not eating
    -everyone either has a "heavy" 2kg bag or is pleased they just have a pen and paper

And, having noticed this, you suddenly notice that:
    -you ate breakfast earlier than them
    -you ate less volume of food for breakfast
    -you aren't hungry, so you fast
    -you're less hungry when fasting than they are having just eaten
    -not only do you stand over lunch, but you pace in the cold when you take a call
    -being overtired you've "only" brought 20kg of weights with you, instead of the 22.5 you'd planned
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    when you silently judge people as weak for eating at work, or while walking or driving. Also when they complain about how hungry they are.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    when you silently judge people as weak for eating at work, or while walking or driving. Also when they complain about how hungry they are.
    Pah! to you silent judging - judge loud and proud, good lord all that repression and you'll become english
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................