Page 101 of 161 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1606

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 101

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    When you notice that eating primal makes for easier dishwashing than eating low-fat. Crud comes off plates and pans a lot easier when it's coated with butter.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Violette_R View Post
    When you notice that eating primal makes for easier dishwashing than eating low-fat. Crud comes off plates and pans a lot easier when it's coated with butter.
    Wait. You have butter coated plates and you aren't licking them clean?

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    YKYPW - You don't need a plate at thanksgiving, but just stand over the pig pit dousing the meat in a bbq sauce of vinegar, butter, and pepper flakes.

Also you are amused by everyone fighting for the *lean* tenderloin pieces.

The bi-annual pig roast (July 4 and Thanksgiving) has been the best side-benefit of my mother marrying a man from North Cacalaca.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    You make a beef heart stew with a whole, grass fed beef heart... and it is WONDERFUL. I'm still trying to think what to do with the beef tongue though.

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    When you consider buying this pet food mix for yourself to save a few bucks; Beef Ground - Pet Food

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    When you consider buying this pet food mix for yourself to save a few bucks; Beef Ground - Pet Food
    Check out Grande Natural Meats dogfood section. They make offal/muscle meat blends that are great. Shhh! Don't tell my dog or I'll have to share.
    This is a good way to sneak some offal in if you or family members are still a little squeemish about the idea.

(website is ElkUSA.com and no, I don't work for them)

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird, do you really eat that? I looked at the website, and the dogfood sounds like people food to me, also. I haven't checked out the shipping costs, but it looks like a price friendly way to get interesting organ meat (and some of it is ground, which I love for ease of use).

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Paleobird, do you really eat that? I looked at the website, and the dogfood sounds like people food to me, also. I haven't checked out the shipping costs, but it looks like a price friendly way to get interesting organ meat (and some of it is ground, which I love for ease of use).
    Yes, seriously, I do. It makes a great meatloaf. You can serve it to people you say they can't stand offal and they would never know the difference.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Very cool. I once saw you post about marxfoods.com and got a terrific deal on some salmon from them. I think I may buy some offal burger from elkusa. (Not to be confused with awful burger like the pink slime stuff at Walmart.)

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    YKYPW you go for a 12 mile bike ride in the morning before breakfast, take no food and wish you had more time so could go further. Then stop off at a butchers you have noticed on the way home to find out if it is a real butchers or just a meat seller and come home with lots of organs and a whole cow thigh bone in your camelback. Then the only thing you eat all day till dinner time is bits of roasted fat and crsipy meat off the bone. The bone is still sitting in the stock pot now simmering away (I had to saw it in half to get it in the oven though)
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................