Thread: Frog legs? page

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member

Frog legs?

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone have a recipe for frog legs they'd like to share? Everything I keep turning up online involves flour. I had them in a French restaurant years ago sauteed in white wine and butter, IIRC. I would imagine I could do a sort of scampi with them, but if anyone has one they'd like to share I'd be much appreciative.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    I was afraid frog legs weren't high on anyone's list of favorites. I experimented and came up with a recipe and OMFG they were good. I'm going to try this with catfish next. I've been craving catfish. This would likely be tasty on chicken as well.

- Pork rinds ground into crumbs
    - Fresh ground pepper
    - Garlic powder
    - Parsley flakes
    - Lemon zest
    - Two eggs, beaten
    - 4 pairs of frog legs
    - Butter

Melt butter on medium heat. Mix everything but the last three ingredients. I don't measure so mix according to taste. Coat the frog legs in the egg then dredge in the breading*. Saute in butter until the breading is crispy, turning half way. Inhale.

*The breading didn't perfectly coat the frog legs but it wasn't an issue. You could probably add coconut flour if you wanted.

Pookie is offline Member
    I've had them before, haven't cooked them myself though. But what I had was them simply roasted, nothing fancy on them at all, just with some garlic and oil I believe.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i like frog legs but i've never cooked them myself. The best way i ever had them in a restaurant was broiled. They tasted like chicken yet still somewhat aquatic. The only other way i've had them is fried & then they really just taste like chicken.

Husband won't eat them so i don't think i'll ever be cooking them, fried or broiled!