Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oat Bran - Dukan diet page 2

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by TARNIP View Post
    I would love to know what you would recommend for me Stabby as I have recently found out I cannot metabolise fats properly. The result of eating a diet consisting of 70% fat, 20% protein and 10% carbs ended in agony for me. I ended up with chronic stomach cramps, severe diarhea, nausea and vomiting and a trip to the doctors office.........
    Ouch.

This doesn't come from personal experience, nor yet Stabby-level knowledge of anything, but fwiw I imagine you could eat a more 'Kitavan' variant of Primal - plenty of starchy tubers to ensure you get enough calories (or white rice, even), lots of veggies, and meat and fish just with their naturally-occurring fats. It's not actually compulsory to snack on slices of butter. Different people do better on different proportions of the basic Primal foods.

Also... granted that if you jump straight to a high fat diet horrible things happen. Maybe if you move very, very slowly towards more fat you'll find you adapt.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    TARNIP-

Did you jump right to that 70% fat from your previous diet, or did you work up to that level slowly? If the former, that may have been your problem. There's no way that I can add significant fat without 'symptoms' very similar to yours.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I would love to know what you would recommend for me Stabby as I have recently found out I cannot metabolise fats properly. The result of eating a diet consisting of 70% fat, 20% protein and 10% carbs ended in agony for me. I ended up with chronic stomach cramps, severe diarhea, nausea and vomiting and a trip to the doctors office.........
    Then don't eat as much fat, of course. Replace with root vegetables and fruit at whatever ratios don't bog you down. Consider digestive enzymes and see if they help.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

SAGrokette is offline Junior Member
    Chicory root can be very high in fructose. :-(

fateater is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    I would like to see this Dukan guy's explanation of his scientific basis. Because he just kinda looks like... a charlatan with a fad diet.

Never should losing weight be anything other than a rocket ride to superb health and a loss of adipose tissue along the way. And so I say eat fat and lots of it. Ultra high protein diets are NOT sustainable long-term, and I think he lets people get back to a more normal diet eventually, but why not just work on health, hmm? Anyone who doesn't focus on metabolic health is a charlatan in my eyes.
    I think it's totally a fad diet. It's not just high protein, low carb, low fat... it's also low calorie. It's a fad diet in the sense that it is marketed as a way to achieve rapid fat loss. Definitely not focused on health wholistically speaking.

Once you deviate from the plan, the likelihood of regaining weight is high, based on what I've read of people who have been on it. I would not be happy eating lean protein and plain fat-free veg for weeks on end. I like fat

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Try primal where according to the author of this book you might have heard of called the primal blueprint, you eat about 40-50% calories from fat, 20-30% protein, and the remainder in carbohydrate. And if that doesn't work, move to 30-40% fat, ok?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12