Out of the massive bags of kale emerged an adaptation of a spinach soup. I used a mixture of baby spinach and kale, since both were already sitting in my fridge and threatening to go bad, but any greens or mix should work well. The original recipe called for butter, heavy cream, and a small amount of coconut cream, but I subbed with coconut oil and coconut milk. While we do dairy, I'm trying to trim down our usage.

1/2 onion, diced
2 T coconut oil
1 qt chicken stock
1-1.5 lb of greens
1 14oz can coconut milk
1 tsp ground nutmeg
salt, pepper

In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, cook the onion in the coconut oil, but don't let it brown. Add in your greens, along with about 1 cup of stock. The pot may seem overfull - just toss a lid on and stir occasionally until the greens have wilted. As you have room, add in the rest of your chicken stock. Once all the greens have cooked down, blend the mixture really well - food processor, blender, or immersion blender all work. Get your green goop back into the pot, add the coconut milk and nutmeg and put it back over medium heat. Let it simmer gently, stirring on occasion, for about 15 min. Season to taste with salt and pepper.