Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What non-primal food does to me page

maba is offline Senior Member

Had rice crepes (dosa) and minced lamb for lunch at a restaurant. Heartburn has started...

chowza is offline Member

This seems to be the week for non-primal-food horror stories...

Check out my blog here.

maba is offline Senior Member

Looks like it. This was one of those dreaded unavoidable team lunches. What I chose was the lesser of the evils and yet....

go_ginger_go Guest

My face swells up like an alcoholic after a 3-day drinking binge. Even the shape of my nose changes. My eyes water constantly. I get this tingling inside my nose. If I eat sugar, I for sure will get sick.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I noticed when I drink more than a glass or two of wine, my skin (especially around my torso) gets very tender to the touch. Perhaps very mild alcohol poisoning?

It's been so long since I've really had anything considered non-Primal. I think the last slip I had was an ice cream sundae. It made me feel like puking. I'm really glad the ice cream shop is closed for the season. No more temptation.

half-full is offline Junior Member

Diana, my skin on my torso gets tender to touch also when I eat junk - I thought it was related to salt. You are the first person I,ve heard that experiences that too! Yall are stronger than I - I fell off my wagon the last few days!

samhansmom Guest

My fingers swell and are painful at the joints - the more times I go "off" low carb, the longer it takes for my fingers to stop hurting.

frygyz Guest

I throw up terribly, my body can't handle any radical changes (such as ingesting a great amount of carbs).I feel like I have been poisoned.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Maba I can feel your pain. Funny that you post this, I was just reading my "hangover" thread and was wondering about your planned un-primal escapade.

I feel your pain. Pain can fuel creativity though, so you might find a way to dodge the SAD next time!

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

fotakou is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Dont know if you guys believe me but my most recent failure had to do with weight loss :P

Typical PB day,ate some avocado,tuna,almonds,fish,chicken,olive oil and some butter.I did not go to my capoeira class because it was a break day.At night i craved something sweet and i just didnt know what to eat primal wise...I ended up eating 200 g of 54% chocolate,several slices of whole wheat bread and some rusks.The result?I was 1 kg lighter the next day(although I had like 6 bowel movements the day before).Surprisingly enough I was not even feeling crappy!But I believe it was a once in a lifetime event.Almost every time I eat crappy I feel it the next day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast