Thread: 30 Day 200 Push-Ups & 50 Sit-Ups Challenge page

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member

30 Day 200 Push-Ups & 50 Sit-Ups Challenge

Primal Fuel
    Starting tonight I am engaging in a 200 pushup, 50 situp challenge for 30 days. I will be blogging about it on Sunday with details.

I owe a big thanks to Dickponder on twitter for inspiring me to start this challenge.

Are you ready to join us?

It starts Sunday but I started tonight. If you cant do this many then do half or a quarter... try it but don't over do it!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    For the sake of posterity can we add some pull ups into this challenge? Push ups and sit ups alone will exacerbate the problems of excessive forward flexion, rounded shoulder etc etc i.e. something that 90% of westerners already have a problem with.

Skull Pilot is offline Junior Member
    I'd add some hindu squats to the mix too.

One of my workouts is usually a pyramid of hindu squats, push ups (I mix in dive bombers and staggered hands as well as a few other variations) pull ups (with body rows thrown in or band assisted to finish sets if needed)

For those of you unfamiliar with pyramids they are an easy way to increase your reps of any exercise in a work out.

Do one rep of each exercise. Rest (30 sec)
    Do two reps of each. rest

move up to ten then back down. You'll do 110 reps of each exercise.

You can then double or triple the pyramid

2 reps, 4 reps, 8 reps up to 20

I will do triple pyramids of hindu squats, double of push ups and a single of pull ups (some assisted when needed) as a work out a couple times a week

I wouldnt mind adding pull-ups but I wanted to make it simple. If I add pull-ups I would personally have to do less push-ups. I will also still be doing my normal LHT routine every other day in addition to this challenge. My routine includes the 5 essential primal movements from Marks Primal Blueprint Fitness.

Coach Palfrey - If I still do my normal LHT routine then would I have to add pull-ups? My normal routine includes pull-ups. Maybe I should decrease the push-ups and then add 50 pull-ups? What do you think.

Are you a personal trainer?

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post
    I wouldnt mind adding pull-ups but I wanted to make it simple. If I add pull-ups I would personally have to do less push-ups. I will also still be doing my normal LHT routine every other day in addition to this challenge. My routine includes the 5 essential primal movements from Marks Primal Blueprint Fitness.

Coach Palfrey - If I still do my normal LHT routine then would I have to add pull-ups? My normal routine includes pull-ups. Maybe I should decrease the push-ups and then add 50 pull-ups? What do you think.

Are you a personal trainer?
    I guessed you were trying to make it simple and if you normally do pull ups it's not so much of an issue. I was referring more to those who would just include these two exercises.

I work, predominantly, as a strength and conditioning coach with pro-athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
    I guessed you were trying to make it simple and if you normally do pull ups it's not so much of an issue. I was referring more to those who would just include these two exercises.

I work, predominantly, as a strength and conditioning coach with pro-athletes.
    Nice to see a personal trainer who works with pro-athletes in the MDA Forum! So, you believe, that I "should" be fine doing 200 push-ups and 50 sit-ups every single day throughout the day for 30 straight days IN ADDITION to my 10 minute LHT routine every other day which includes 2 sets of push-ups, pull-ups, squats, overhead presses, spidermans, side planks. This is fine? As long as I don't exercise while soar. I refuse to overtrain but may push it a bit more during this challenge.

Your thoughts have been greatly appreciated! Are you going to primal con?