Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - DemonGraveWolf page

Primal Journal - DemonGraveWolf

Primal Fuel
    So I guess I'll start one of these since maybe it'll help to try and keep track of things, as well as get some support!

Anyway, I'm female, 5'2" and when I started on April 5th, 2011 I weighed about 181 lbs.

It's now 4 days later, and I've found myself at 179 lbs...even with my clothes on! Not sure if it's water weight or what, but it feels nice to not see the 180's anymore.

I'm finding a lot of success with this diet already. I tried Atkins before and only lasted a week about a year ago. I got the carb flu so bad I felt like I was either going to pass out or starve to death, and my whole digestive system felt awful. I know now I probably wasn't getting enough fat and protein. Aside from a low grade headache here and there, I've felt great. I noticed I don't feel 'fat' and bloaty already as well.

I'm almost glad I don't have tons of carbs anymore. I don't feel hungry every two hours and I don't feel like overeating.

At Griff's suggestion in my intro thread, I'm limiting myself to 20g of carbs a day to get the weight loss jumpstarted. Turns out that's pretty easy to do. After looking at my meals on Fitday too, I'm staying nicely under 1800 cals and I don't even have to try. I'm not worrying about the numbers too much now that I know if I'm eating right it just comes naturally. Crazy, right?

I've been either sticking to eggs in the morning, or sometimes skip breakfast (not a morning person), a salad with some protein in at lunch, and a more protein heavy dinner with a veg on the side. I'm working on doing more walking, this coming from someone who has been spending almost all her free time sitting down in front of a computer. I'm gonna incorporate the strength training in soon too.

Maybe once I lose a noticeable amount I'll get brave enough to post before and after pics.

Nettle is offline Senior Member
    Hi hi.

I just started too and your experience sounds a lot like mine. I tried Atkins about 5 years ago and hated it. This is so much more doable and even though it just been a few days I'm feeling a difference. Like you the difference in not being hungry every few ours and wanting tons is pretty cool.

I also took some before pictures but am not brave enough to post until some results show too.

Well, we tried the chicken livers I bought the other day with breakfast. I agree with the people that say its something you get used to. :P I may have also overcooked them a bit...

My fiance and I are probably visiting our parents today. They live in the same town, and an hour away from us, so it's pretty convienent. Gonna pack salads just in case we stay long enough to get hungry. I'm gonna see if I can get today's walk in with my mom.

Well, the parental visit went moderately well. We ate dinner at my fiance's parents and they were more than happy to fix food to fit our diet. Hamburgers with no buns and salad. She did offer us some sugar-free pudding. While I don't like the taste of all those non-sugars, pudding covers it up well. We ate a little, and counted it towards our 20%, and so we don't go crazy over the next week or so.

My mom was a slightly different story. She's a type 2 diabetic and does do some low-carb eating herself. She does still eat some breads and what not, and eats all kinds of fake sugar stuff all the time. What I don't think she's sold on is the fact that I need fat to go as low-carb as I am right now, and she scolded me about not taking out the egg yolks! Gasp! I couldn't imagine doing that, that's where all the good stuff is. I'll be seeing her on Easter, and probably with the PB book. At least Easter dinner usually has stuff I can have, there's always ham and veggies.

My grandmother might show up too, and we can probably discuss health things together. She put herself on something similar to the Blood Type diet for different health problems, and says she's seen all kinds of differences. In fact, there are certain foods that she cannot eat at all, or her joint pain comes back right away.

The change has been going well, and my fiance and I took a nice walk and stopped at a park for a little rest at our halfway point. I found energy I didn't know I had. Might be nice to hang out there on our days off.

I haven't lost much since that tiny inital drop. I've been hovering around 179 to 177 for a little while now. Not sure what's up, and I didn't think that little bit of sugar-free pudding could have knocked me off, but who knows. I'm trying to do better about doing my exercises too. At least I haven't seen 180 since I started.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Hi DemonGraveWolf,

Just a quick note to let you know I'm reading!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Thanks! Nice to know. I figured I wouldn't get much attention until I either A) Establish myself in the Primal community or B) Get some significant results.

That, and I don't comment much...

BTW, cute Papillions. I grew up with one, she was adorable. And mean.

So...it's Tuesday, and I've got classes today. On the plus side, my first one is optional because we're ahead of our teacher's other class, and we've got tons of extra time to finish what we need to. I'm gonna stay home and work on my project for another class then.

This morning I'm back down at 177 lbs, and I hope it stays there. I know I shouldn't be obsessing about the scale, but I'm curious about it from a nearly scientific approach. I'm checking my new routine for anything that seems to either jump start the weight loss or stall it. I can't wait to see what adding sprints will do to it when I finally feel up to them. I'm so outta shape right now and for the last few years I've fought with bad exercise related asthma. Hopefully it'll get better.

My fiance is less than happy with me. We aren't morning people, but to his disgust, within about 10 minutes of getting up I'm completely perky. He's not quite there yet, but I feel fantastic.

I guess I'm doing an IF with breakfast today. That isn't really out of the ordinary for me on an early school day though, but now I can actually say it has a purpose.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGraveWolf View Post
    BTW, cute Papillions. I grew up with one, she was adorable. And mean.
    I have two. One is absolutely adorable and the other is a crazy psycho bitch.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I have two. One is absolutely adorable and the other is a crazy psycho bitch.
    Yeah, ours was the latter. My mom wanted a sweet lapdog, and what she got was a lapdog that growled, snapped and bit. She distrusted strangers and hated children. She was a snarling mess when it was time for grooming, and she growled anytime you picked her up. But as long as you avoided those things, she was tolerable. We could at least play with her pretty well and behaved on walks and never wandered far off-leash. She did alright around her own family anyway. We shouldn't have named her Angel though, that's for sure.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGraveWolf View Post
    Yeah, ours was the latter. My mom wanted a sweet lapdog, and what she got was a lapdog that growled, snapped and bit. She distrusted strangers and hated children. She was a snarling mess when it was time for grooming, and she growled anytime you picked her up. But as long as you avoided those things, she was tolerable. We could at least play with her pretty well and behaved on walks and never wandered far off-leash. She did alright around her own family anyway. We shouldn't have named her Angel though, that's for sure.
    You want a sweet lapdog, get an Australian Shepherd! Well, at least ours considers himself a lapdog and will hope up onto our laps when anything freaks him. He is rather sweet and goofy though. I dated a guy with a Papillion and the dog and I never got along. I think that's one of the reasons why we never stayed together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast