Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rave of the Day page

Digby is offline Senior Member

Rave of the Day

Shop Now
    For honest people, especially the young man who found my dad's wallet at a gas station several miles from his home, and drove to my Dad's house to get it safely to him. Then wouldn't allow Dad to give him a reward. And like lots of codgers, Dad's 90, he carries way too much cash, so it would have been easy for the finder to walk away with $300-400, and no one the wiser.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    How great is that! Karma will take good care of that young man.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    That is a really nice story! Good people so rarely get reported...

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    There are indeed still plenty of good people out there. Another rave along the same lines:

Last Wednesday, I was in the supermarket and couldn't find my wallet in my handbag (instant heart attack). Raced back to the car, desperately hoping it had fallen out of my bag there. As I was hunting around in the front seat, quietly swearing to myself, a lady came up and asked if I had lost something. She'd found it in the carpark and handed it straight in to the shopping centre management. Two minutes later, it was safely back with me.

I wish I'd had the presence of mind to thank her more substantially than I did in my panicked state. Bless that woman, and all those like her.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    That is great. The majority of people are still good, honest folks.

A coworker found a wallet last year. I searched the internet to find the guy who lost it, who was randomly in town because his father passed, and we got it back to him.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    That is great. The majority of people are still good, honest folks.

A coworker found a wallet last year. I searched the internet to find the guy who lost it, who was randomly in town because his father passed, and we got it back to him.
    Excellent! My dad would have been unhappy if he lost the money, but the big deal was his drivers/hunting/fishing licenses, and all that stuff we carry in our wallets.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I work at the front desk of the YMCA, and people turn in valuables all the time. Wallets, ipods, jewelry, watches, etc. It makes my day when I see people doing what's right, and then it's fantastic when someone comes dragging up to me saying "I don't suppose somebody turned in a ____." and their despair turns into ecstasy when they find out someone did.

Nettle is offline Senior Member
    I lost a wallet once. It could have been in numerous places as I was all over that day. Looked at a few...it was gone. Went about replacing everything.

Fast forward five years. No joke! I got a phone call from the parks board. A sight seer/hiker had found it off lookout trail in some scrub and turned it in.

Everything was still there and in pretty good shape including 40 dollars in cash. In some ways it was like receiving a mini time capsule.

Quote Originally Posted by Nettle View Post
    I lost a wallet once. It could have been in numerous places as I was all over that day. Looked at a few...it was gone. Went about replacing everything.

Fast forward five years. No joke! I got a phone call from the parks board. A sight seer/hiker had found it off lookout trail in some scrub and turned it in.

Everything was still there and in pretty good shape including 40 dollars in cash. In some ways it was like receiving a mini time capsule.

I love stories like this! You know the love letter from WWII that shows up 50 years later. You must have really got a great happy jolt from that day.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    ... the big deal was his drivers/hunting/fishing licenses ...
    Still driving, shooting and fishing at 90, now that rocks!

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast