Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rave of the Day page 3

Nanzi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My son had his wallet returned to him after losing it in the sand at Pensacola.....5 years later. And he was in the Navy at the time, and no longer in
    Pensacola. That rocked for him!!

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanzi View Post
    My son had his wallet returned to him after losing it in the sand at Pensacola.....5 years later. And he was in the Navy at the time, and no longer in
    Pensacola. That rocked for him!!
    Was it on the beach, in the sand, all that time? That is really something.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Quote Originally Posted by HTownGirl View Post
    A couple of months ago, I left my iPad on the bus and, of course, was frantic. I called Metro and found that lost and found was not open until the next morning.

Well, that evening I get a friend request on Facebook from the BUS DRIVER!! She let me know she had my iPad and asked me to forgive her for going on it and finding my name, but wanted me to not worry and wanted to meet me to give it back.

Lo and behold, we are now very good friends. She told me that if she had given it to lost and found, it would have become someone's toy.
    I remembered your post after my spouse left the crucial Ipad on a plane he had been flying, but it was still there on the dash when he went back an hour later. Not as big a deal as your nice bus driver, but it makes your realize how easy these gadgets are to leave lying somewhere. I got a red case for mine, just for that reason.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

I feel so good today! Great exercise, ran some errands, then had a wonderful 3-mile walk in the country, and took pictures of wildflowers I want to paint. Yesterday by contrast was a depressing day, having received some unpleasant news, had a headache, and ate more than I should have; then today I have felt so good. Funny how life is this little roller coaster from day to day, punctuated by a few really big highs, a few lows. One of the great things about being in my sixties is that I have so much stronger sense of the value of each day, the good and the not so good. Anyway, I'm icing the shoulder I had surgery on in Feb, since I worked the devil out of both of them, then I'm going to do a bit of gardening in this sunshine-with-a -light-breeze day that is about as good as it gets. Hope you had a good day, too.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    The local branch of Liquidation World is closing its doors so everything is retardedly cheap, only they don't post the discounted prices. I get 2900 ml cans of coconut milk there for about $5 each, which is awesome in and of itself, but yesterday I got three (the last three) for $2.25 total.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

RotD: For companies that do what they say they will! Big pine tree down, finally! After waiting for over three weeks for a contractor to remove an 80' tree that was leaning about 30degrees over my driveway, got another guy who came out when promised, and tree is now dismembered, mulched, and no more. Tree was about 50 years old, but all the snow, wind, very wet spring, it couldn't hold out. So don't have to worry any more that someone will get the tree falling on top of their car--or falling on mine.

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    After 2 1/2 days down, my website came back online tonight... I am well pleased.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    I ran! Not far, but a LOT farther than I thought I could! I RAN!!!!! *squee* I thought "I'm too out of shape, I'll start sprinting when I reach under the 200's... I'll just walk now" but not today! I stopped making excuses, I went outside, and I ran!

wow... I feel amazing.

Found an old lecture tape (I had hundreds of tapes at one time--technology at its peak so we thought) I had forgotten about, and converted to itunes for enjoying all over again. The technology changes, but the good things we put on it stay valuable.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast