Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rave of the Day page 2

Nettle is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    You must have really got a great happy jolt from that day.
    I did. At first I was quite confused because she asked if I had lost my wallet which I hadn't. Of course the one I lost years ago wasn't even on my mind. I barely remembered but the wallet she had did have my ID. Weird I thought. I went to the office anyway and recognized it right way. Wow that was years ago! We all got a great kick out of it. The best part was finding notes I scribbled on paper, a couple of concert tickets and phone numbers from people I didn't even see anymore. A real trip down memory lane.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I still hope that maybe someday my purse that went missing will turn up. I don't care about most of the contents, but I had a bracelet my grandmother gave me in there, and although it wasn't worth much in terms of money, it was incredibly valuable to me.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Still driving, shooting and fishing at 90, now that rocks!
    As his doc says, Dad is an old man in a young man's body. He got two deer in the fall which went into his freezer; he is very primal in his way of living, which no doubt accounts for how sharp he still is.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Helpers! I was in a shop and was having trouble understanding what the woman at checkout was saying, but another woman who had just come into the shop helped translate. It is very hard to keep asking someone what they are saying, so I was especially gratieful for her help in getting beyond the discomfort.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

ROTD: Met with a great new realtor, got appraisal which made me happy, and spoke with both my two children and two grandkids; so had one of those rare everything-was-good days.
    Last edited by Digby; 04-14-2011 at 05:42 AM.

Vacation time in the sunshine! A great visit to family living in Fl & St. Simon's Island, GA.

Almost forgot to add: Lost a pound which considering how much wonderful food I ate the last few days is something short of a miracle.
    Last edited by Digby; 04-30-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: added info

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    ROTD: Finally getting weekend sleep and a veg of weekend after 3 weeks without one. Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I usually by $10 watches but right before I went in the Army bought myself a $200 watch (bad timing I know). I thought it had been lost in one of the various moves but found it today, while sorting through some old stuff. Woot Woot
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I usually by $10 watches but right before I went in the Army bought myself a $200 watch (bad timing I know). I thought it had been lost in one of the various moves but found it today, while sorting through some old stuff. Woot Woot
    Glad you found it. I'm still hoping a special lost item turns up.
    Last edited by Digby; 04-30-2011 at 02:07 PM.

HTownGirl is offline Senior Member
    A couple of months ago, I left my iPad on the bus and, of course, was frantic. I called Metro and found that lost and found was not open until the next morning.

Well, that evening I get a friend request on Facebook from the BUS DRIVER!! She let me know she had my iPad and asked me to forgive her for going on it and finding my name, but wanted me to not worry and wanted to meet me to give it back.

Lo and behold, we are now very good friends. She told me that if she had given it to lost and found, it would have become someone's toy.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast