Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal and Not Getting Paid page

NutMeg is offline Senior Member

Primal and Not Getting Paid

Shop Now
    So, as of right now I will only get paid for haf the month of April. A lot of people i know are having a heart attack over this. I am not! Why you may ask? Because this week we purchased 70+ pounds of locally grown meat. I can make a mean soup or stew with what is available in my primal pantry/fridge.

I will be stopping by the commissary tonight to pick up some more root veggies and eggs (they cost less there) just in case the store is closed tomorrow.

So, a bonus to being primal is having a freezer full of meat to help you through hard times

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NutMeg View Post
    I will be stopping by the commissary tonight to pick up some more root veggies and eggs (they cost less there) just in case the store is closed tomorrow.
    The last we were told (about an hour ago) was that the commissary etc will be closed as of 1 minute after midnight so stock up today. I sadly have no freezer full of meat but eggs are cheap woot woot.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Federal contractor here. Seems silly I can't work on things during the shutdown (I work mostly at home - web design.) Fortunately, it is a small contract, only a fraction of my income.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Looks like we have a stop-gap for now. Let's see what happens over the next few weeks.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    I don't want to sound like an ass (moreso than I already do), but stocking up a freezer is not Primal. Grok didn't have cold storage. Stocking up a freezer is smart. Grok was instinctual. I'm very, very glad you're able to weather this storm...but it's because you're smart, not instinctual!

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    I don't want to sound like an ass (moreso than I already do), but stocking up a freezer is not Primal. Grok didn't have cold storage. Stocking up a freezer is smart. Grok was instinctual. I'm very, very glad you're able to weather this storm...but it's because you're smart, not instinctual!
    So because they didn't find a fridgidaire deep freezer in Neaderthal cave, Grok didn't have ways of keeping meat for the long run?

Outside of jerky, pemmican, and hoping for the best? No.

Of course in our prehistory we stored spoilable meats in shade, buried under ground, and so on. But it's pretty obvious that "the long run" (months) didn't figure in to food stores in the cradle of civilization outside of the aforementioned jerky type situations...which again is not cold storage of raw meats.

edit: unless you, like a lot of folks in the community, picture the Geico Caveman walking up to a boulder, cracking it open, pulling out a Budweiser and a steak, hanging out on some cobblestones under a sunscorched tree, and chilling...and if so then by all means, grok on. But I find the idea of Grok far too temptingly ignorant from the reality of prehistory.
    Last edited by carlh; 04-09-2011 at 07:26 AM.

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    Carl, do you drive to work? Do you wear modern clothing? do you use silverware? How about use money, bank accounts, credit cards? The point I'm trying to make is that there are a lot of things that aren't "Primal" by your logic, but it doesn't matter. Saying a freezer full of meat not being primal is ridiculous. The Primal Blueprint is about applying evolutionary science to a strategy on living your life in the modern age to the healthiest potential. This isn't a pissing contest to see what is the most Neanderthal.

Wait, how did I get on this end of the discussion? I'm 9 times out of 10 the guy who calls people out for pretending that something modern is primal. Yeah, I drive. No, a freezer full of meat is not Primal.

seaclam is offline Senior Member
    Pleeeeeeeeeze! This argument is ridiculous. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast