Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morning Workouters Unite! page

ennasirk is offline Senior Member

Cool Morning Workouters Unite!

Shop Now
    It's about 2:45 pm and I am still feeling the energy burst that I got from going to my Monkey Conditioning class this morning. Seriously ... it's like you took a big mug of coffee, speed, a 5-hour energy drink and sprinkled in some antidepressants and anxiety meds ... that's how much of a difference dragging my butt out of bed early can make in my energy and mood for the day.

I've been a regular morning workout person for over 2 years now, and I can't imagine going back... and I only wish I'd figured it out 15 years ago! I'd gotten somewhat out of the routine when I was hurt, and found my days just dragging ... and higher stress ... and higher anxiety. Being back in the groove, I'm loving it!

Now, if I could just figure out a way to bottle all these endorphins and sell 'em to all the lazy folks looking for a quick fix, I'd be rich!
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Hahaha, yes! Working out in the morning just makes the whole day set up for awesome!

I also like the admittedly vain sense of superiority I get when I bounce into the office all energized and ready to attack the day, and everyone else is dragging around latched to their coffee cups. Like, buck up people, I already did hill sprints and lifted lots of heavy stuff today!

I will note, however, that when I run in the afternoon rather than the morning, my run both feels easier and I usually come in at a faster average pace. Dunno why.

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post

I also like the admittedly vain sense of superiority I get when I bounce into the office all energized and ready to attack the day, and everyone else is dragging around latched to their coffee cups. Like, buck up people, I already did hill sprints and lifted lots of heavy stuff today!
    Totally! I still drink a cup of coffee, but because I enjoy it, not because I need it. For me, the biggest thing to getting up in the morning is committing to it the night before, almost no matter how I feel (actual sickness aside, of course). Last night I was up way past my usual bedtime and had spent 5 hours in an airport trying to get home (thus the being up past my bedtime). As I tried to fall asleep (too wired from the whole ordeal), I committed to going to my class this morning because I knew that it would improve my morning, even if I gave up on a little bit of sleep that I should have gotten last night but didn't.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I don't even have to go to work in the morning (yay thesis time), but I still get up to head to the gym first thing. People think I'm crazy for hitting an 8:00 Crossfit class even when I don't have to be up, but I love the way morning exercise makes me feel. If I work out at night, I'm too keyed up and can't get to sleep at a reasonable hour.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I always start off the day with a few bodyweight exercises to get the blood flowing but I'm really more of an all day workouter.

Afternoon/evening workouts give me the whole day to make excuses to skip my workout. 6AM CrossFit classes are great for me.

Brett is offline Member
    I want to get in the habit of working out in the morning, since that way I'll have more time to do other things later in the day where more people are around to hang out with and talk to and play with!
    Midterms.

ciep is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely agree with everyone. Without fail, a morning workout sets the tone for an amazing day.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    There was a study survey some years back that showed 75% of successful, regular exercisers did so first thing in the morning. I've always been an early bird, so enjoy that great sunrise time of peace and quiet.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Sassy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    I will note, however, that when I run in the afternoon rather than the morning, my run both feels easier and I usually come in at a faster average pace. Dunno why.

I get the same thing - I always do better in the afternoon. HOWEVER, I much prefer my morning workouts anyway. It's way too easy to get derailed otherwise.

I never could build a morning workout habit until I realized my house was too cold in the morning. When I set the heat to come on a little earlier, it got MUCH easier.
    Sassy: Revised - my primal log

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast