Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primal Beef Stroganoff

Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Shop Now
    He posted that recipe a couple of weeks back. I have that and the crispy carnitas bookmarked.

I cooked Mark's stronganoff recipe last week only I substituted chicken for the beef and my husband is tired of coconut so I added FF greek yogurt to the sauce. It's been declared a Keeper.

Anyone else tried the beef Stroganoff Recipe that Mark posted recently? I plan on making it for dinner tomorrow and am curious as to what to expect. Today I found beef tenderloin at 8.99 per lb.
    Also I use coconut milk a lot, but haven't used it for cooking just yet. Does it give the entire meal the distinguishable coconutty flavor?

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Um... stroganoff has never had tomato paste in it. But then again, we're talking about Betty Crocker. I wouldn't trust that source.

Primal Stroganoff (as long as you eat dairy), per person:

8 oz. ground beef
    1/2 medium yellow onion, cut in strips
    4 ounces crimini mushrooms, sliced
    1/2 cup white wine or dry sherry
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1/4 cup heavy cream
    1 TB butter
    Nutmeg and black pepper to taste

Melt butter in skillet. Fry beef, onion, and mushrooms in skillet over medium-high heat. When beef is mostly browned and onions and mushrooms have wilted, season with nutmeg and pepper. Add white wine/sherry; reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes. Add sour cream and heavy cream to beef and vegetable mixture. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.

Serves 1-2.

Nutrition facts:
    Calories: 523
    Fat: 43g
    Cholesterol: 140mg
    Sodium: 113mg
    Carbs: 9g
    Sugars: 3g
    Fiber: 1g
    Protein: 23g
    I am going to try this recipe tonight!
    Thanks for posting.