Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dairy free cheesecake!! page

primalmonalisa is offline Junior Member

Dairy free cheesecake!!

Crust:
    2 cups pecans
    1/2 cup soaked raisins (soak for 10 minutes just to soften)
    Spray your cake pan or spring form pan with olive oil spray or rub with coconut oil
    Cover the bottom of pan with coconut flakes then pat down into pan. Then put pecan in food processor and grind up into meal then add raisins and continue to blend until it forms a dough, put that into pan on top of coconut flakes and pat down into a crust.

Cheesecake filling:
    3 cups of Cashews (soaked for 1 hour) this will soften them so they will make a cheesecake consistency.
    1/2 cup water
    3/4 cup of lemon juice (fresh)
    3/4 cup of coconut oil
    3/4 cup of honey
    1 teaspoon of vanilla
    1/2 teaspoon of salt
    Put all ingredients into a high speed blender..if you do not have one use your food processor mix it until it is a thick cake mix consistency. Pour over your pecan crust and tap pan on counter several times to get air bubbles out then put in the freezer for 1 hr...then take out and put in the fridge.
    You can top it with blueberries or strawberries...I put strawberries in a blender with a little bit of honey and it made a nice sauce
    I took this to a family dinner and no one knew it wasn't real cheesecake...it was gone way before all the sugar laden desserts

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Oh wow! I will totally be trying this one out.

It's really good!! I am sorry I don't have a calorie, fat, or carb count...I will see if I can get that

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Holy crap that's a ton of nuts! I don't think I could afford to make this. Sounds kinda yummy though

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    I will very much be making this! (I think I will offer to make some to share with my well off neighbour of she buys the nuts!). I have been looking for a good DF cheesecake that doesn't use fake soy cream chez.

Free Range is offline Senior Member
    If the recipe calculator on my fitness pal is accurate, the break down is like this, for one serving 1/8 of the whole.

Calories = 796, carbs = 54, fat = 64, protein = 11, fiber = 4

patchooli is offline Member
    this is a raw food staple dessert. you should be able to cut the carb count by using stevia in place of the honey. it's super good. the filling also makes a great base for smoothies and a fantastic fruit dip if you hold back a little on the coconut butter.

c

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Range View Post
    If the recipe calculator on my fitness pal is accurate, the break down is like this, for one serving 1/8 of the whole.

Calories = 796, carbs = 54, fat = 64, protein = 11, fiber = 4
    OMG! That's crazy.

I will be making this for my vegan sister in law, with maple syrup instead of honey. Thanks!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

yes..the carb count is high but, it's a good alternative for birthdays and special occasions not something you want to have all the time for sure...I have used maple syrup in place of honey as well....It is a raw food dessert recipe...I am a raw food chef who has retired and gone primal...is that funny or what Not sure why but, stevia does not taste good with this recipe...But some people may like it?
    Last edited by primalmonalisa; 04-08-2011 at 08:10 PM.

patchooli is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmonalisa View Post
    yes..the carb count is high but, it's a good alternative for birthdays and special occasions not something you want to have all the time for sure...I have used maple syrup in place of honey as well....It is a raw food dessert recipe...I am a raw food chef who has retired and gone primal...is that funny or what Not sure why but, stevia does not taste good with this recipe...But some people may like it?
    I've been making this as a fruit dip/smoothie base for a while. i use a little bit of agave, a little bit of palm sugar, and the rest stevia. i don't mind the stevia in it, though it does taste better with the caloric sweeteners. cutting out the crust also makes a difference to the carb count. but, yes, this is delicious. it doesn't taste exactly like cheesecake, of course, but it has that same custardy goodness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast