Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dairy free cheesecake!! page 2

walnut is offline Member
    how much stevia would you use instead of the honey. I could never eat that many carbs~

primalblonde is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmonalisa View Post
    Crust:
    2 cups pecans
    1/2 cup soaked raisins (soak for 10 minutes just to soften)
    Spray your cake pan or spring form pan with olive oil spray or rub with coconut oil
    Cover the bottom of pan with coconut flakes then pat down into pan. Then put pecan in food processor and grind up into meal then add raisins and continue to blend until it forms a dough, put that into pan on top of coconut flakes and pat down into a crust.

Cheesecake filling:
    3 cups of Cashews (soaked for 1 hour) this will soften them so they will make a cheesecake consistency.
    1/2 cup water
    3/4 cup of lemon juice (fresh)
    3/4 cup of coconut oil
    3/4 cup of honey
    1 teaspoon of vanilla
    1/2 teaspoon of salt
    Put all ingredients into a high speed blender..if you do not have one use your food processor mix it until it is a thick cake mix consistency. Pour over your pecan crust and tap pan on counter several times to get air bubbles out then put in the freezer for 1 hr...then take out and put in the fridge.
    You can top it with blueberries or strawberries...I put strawberries in a blender with a little bit of honey and it made a nice sauce
    I took this to a family dinner and no one knew it wasn't real cheesecake...it was gone way before all the sugar laden desserts
    Man, that sounds awesome! Does it REALLY taste like cheesecake?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12