Thread: Stuffed cabbage page

Velocity is offline Senior Member

Stuffed cabbage

So, I want to use up some cabbage and ground meat in my fridge (along with some cauliflower!). However, every recipe I've seen for stuffed cabbage includes a tomato sauce. I don't have any tomato sauce to use... nor, at the moment, do I have any bone broth. Any suggestions?
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Digby is offline Senior Member
    If you have tomatoes, fresh or canned, they would work.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    If you have tomatoes, fresh or canned, they would work.
    Used the only tomatoes in the house a couple days ago with a pork roast.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My favorite cabbage dish is Kenyan Curried Cabbage, which you could easily add some beef to for a creamy main dish; I usually serve it with lamb but beef would be grea:

Kenyan Curried Cabbage

Ingredients:
    • 2 Tbsp butter
    • 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded
    • 1/2 small white onion, finely minced
    • 1 cup shredded carrots
    • 1/4 cup heavy cream
    • 1 tsp curry powder
    • 1 tsp salt, or 2 tsp sea salt
    • 1/2 tsp white pepper

In large skillet over medium heat, sauté minced onion in butter until translucent. Add shredded cabbage and continually toss for several minutes to partially cook. Sprinkle curry powder and white pepper over the cabbage and mix well.

Pour in heavy cream and allow 1-2 minutes for it to reduce. Add salt and stir in shredded carrots and continue cooking until the carrots are heated through. Do not overcook.

Makes 8 Servings.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism