Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paleo and Shakeology page 2

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Cavewomen might have......
    bwahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    But one thing nice about shakes/smoothies is that you can drink different foods that you don't normally like the taste of and still get the benefits.
    not really. that's kind of the point. drinking a powdered substance that includes something once resembling kale is not the same thing as eating kale.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Mark cautions against smoothies in the book - Kelly Korg's diet - because of how easy it is to take in excess calories. But then he also sells a shake (Primal fuel) so who knows where he stands
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
    Cavemen (and women) did not drink their breakfast. End of discussion.
    Cave babies only!
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

meepster is online now Senior Member
    My rule for shakes/smoothies is that if I make them myself from raw ingredients, they're fine, but I refuse to ingest strange powders that contain God-only-knows-what.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Plus, I f@$%ing hate Beachbody with a passion. Shakeology cites a 90 day study - but it's practically (or maybe totally) impossible to find. Google just returns a million hits from other Beachbody coaches (on commission) telling me how good the thing is...annoying.

Does anybody know the wherebaouts of this study?

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I feel the same way as the Coach about Shakeology and the rest of Beachbody. I don't want anything to do with MLM schemes. That said, I'm also not interested packaged shake mixes of any kind.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    I feel the same way as the Coach about Shakeology and the rest of Beachbody. I don't want anything to do with MLM schemes. That said, I'm also not interested packaged shake mixes of any kind.
    The voice of reason. I'm having a drawn out argument on linkedIn at the moment with about 50 BB coaches who are trying to convince me that Shakeology is "healthier than any meal I could eat". The argument is going in my favour though - primarily because they don't understand rudimentary science.

jfedei is offline Member
    The voice of reason. I'm having a drawn out argument on linkedIn at the moment with about 50 BB coaches who are trying to convince me that Shakeology is "healthier than any meal I could eat". The argument is going in my favour though - primarily because they don't understand rudimentary science.
    As a former BB coach, I'd like to get in on that discussion! That company is so full of hype it's not even funny!

springdragon2727 is offline Junior Member
    Well,oddly enough, I was gonna ask the same question! I do drink Shakeology, and have actually seen/experienced favorable results. That being said, I am a recent convert to Primal and my Shakeology is on hold. Not sure if it will be part of my 20%, but I'm in the experimental stages if this new lifestyle. Consequently, I also Crossfit, so that's my focus....to see if primal will improve my fat burning, give me a better performance output without grains/legumes. I am pretty sure my MIL is silently dying on her side of the US as I post about all the fats/dairy we have been ingesting. (She is violently opposed to dairy, is pretty much a nutritionist, drinks her shakes composed of the fresh grown kale/chard veggies from her garden, and is rather ne if the healthiest people I know). I'm rambling right now, so forgive me, lol!

sed777 is offline Junior Member
    Cavemen (and women) did not drink their breakfast. End of discussion.
    Yet Mark pimps Primal Fuel?!?

I think the shakeology powders are some of the most nutritionally balanced *powders available.

Low carb...No, but at least not loaded with sugars.

I'm using up the wife's unused supply with coconut milk. Once its gone ill use Primal fuel if i need a quick fix meal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast