EvoMom Day 1: 4/7/11
This is my first day starting my journal. Still new to the site. I have downloaded the four free ebooks and have read them. So, I started my health journey in 1996 as a sophomore in high school. As soon as I had my first job, I started buying my own food because my family ate like crap! There is no way to sugar coat it (and I wouldnít want to add any sugar in this forum post). To this day my parents continue to exist on the SAD, are both obese and are on medication for type II diabetes, high cholesterol, and who knows what else. This is the only prescriptions that I can remember from them talking about it, because usually I just tune them out when they talk about their health problems. They donít listen to me anyway. Itís sounds cruel, but itís hard to be sympathetic. I am doing my own research and have been on this journey for the last 14 years, struggling, sacrificing, learning, growing, adapting, and making my own choices, so what is stopping them? Anyway, a little bit of bitterness there, but I am working on emotional elements in my life also! I am a work in progress and enjoy of every rock in the road because it makes me a survivor! I love that word. Which is probably why PB is so appealing to me; I totally and 100% get it. I have been looking for PB for a long time and I have finally found it! I have one question that hopefully someone will be able to answer for me though. With the rest/play/slow days can I dance and do my Zumba? It is my play...so how does that work it you want to play at higher heart rates? Zumba puts me between 85-90% of my max heart rate. But it is so fun, I couldnít imagine going without it. Would I just limit my time to 10-20 minutes?

Day 1: Primal Food Intake for Breakfast:

B: 1 scoop plain cold-pressed undenatured whey protein isolate + 1 packet Truvia + Ĺ cup strawberries + 1/2 cup blackberries + ľ banana + Ĺ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk + Ĺ teaspoon vanilla + 1 TB organic unsweetened shredded coconut
S: Homemade Peanut Butter Cup = 88% dark chocolate + coconut oil + butter + Truvia + Peanut Butter + whey protein + flax

2. Exercise routine

10 minutes of Zumba Play