Thread: My Summer Cut Phase page

Bodhi is offline Senior Member

My Summer Cut Phase

Primal Fuel
    Here's the story from my blog:

I turned 50 years old in March. I'm starting my "8 Weeks Until Summer Cut Program" this week. I weighed 187lbs in March of last year. I went to a Tony Robbins "Unleash the Power Within" seminar in Orlando in March of 2010. After the seminar I went Vegan for about 8 weeks. My weight started falling off quickly, unfortunately a lot of it was muscle. This was not the first time I had done this routine. I had done Vegan and Vegetarian diets before and had seen the same results. Back in 2008 I had read "The Paleo Diet" by Dr. Loren Cordain after my last Vegan experiment. This time I had stumbled upon "The Primal Blueprint" by Mark Sission. I really liked Mr. Sission's approach to the Paleo/Evolutionary Diet, so in June of 2010 I started the "Primal Blueprint". My weight stabilized at about 167lbs and I started gaining back muscle mass. I decided this winter to try and add even more weight back so I added whole raw milk from a local diary to my diet. Using whole raw milk and raw heavy cream my weight went back up to 175lbs. When I got to 175lbs I decided to stop the mass gain because my waist measured 37 inches. I stopped the diary about 6 weeks ago and my weight has dropped to 170 lbs and my waist is 36.5 inches. My goal over the next 8 weeks is to reduce my waist size to 33-34 inches. I really don't have a goal for my weight, but it will probably be around 162lbs. I was at this size in 2002 after finishing a program called,"The Ultimate Body Challenge". I was follow Standard American Diet (SAD) using Conventional Wise (CW) at the time;low fat, high carb, and moderate protein. After the program I seem to fall into some metabolic derangement where I had to keep eating less and exercising more to keep from putting weight back on, so I tried a lot of different diet strategies between 2003 and 2010. I will write a post on them sometime in the future. I have been following the Primal Blueprint since June of 2010 and have had no problem in controlling my weight.
    So what is my "8 Weeks Until Summer Cut Program"? I will continue with the Primal Blueprint but I will be doing less overall calories. I will be eating at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. I figure my goal weigh is probably 162-165 lbs, so I'll be eating 165 grams of protein per day. I have been eating about 180 grams of protein per day. I'm going to hold my carbs between 50 and 100 grams depending on how much exercise I do on a particular day. On training days I will hold the carbs to 100 grams and on non-training days I will limit carbs to 50 grams. I will be holding total calories around 2,000 until I see where I need to go with them. Fats of course will make up the difference in calories between the combination of protein and carbs and total calories. I am going to record my food and exercise on this blog for the 8 weeks to hold myself accountable.
    And we are off! Here I am at 170 lbs and 36.5 waist. I want to reduce my love-handles and the little pooch at and below my navel.

921x10x8..jpg
    Last edited by Bodhi; 05-01-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: formatting
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    The eight weeks are up. I didn't make it to my goal, but I did cut a few pounds and a little more than an inch off my waist. I'm going to keep working at it.

The pictures are on my blog. click the link in my signature.
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.