Thread: Arthritis and pH balance page

Gaelio is offline Junior Member

Arthritis and pH balance

Shop Now
    One of the reasons I started going Primal (just two weeks now) is to lose weight so as to put less stress on my painfully arthritic knees. I'm a naturopath with a specialty in iridology/sclerology. Diets of all kinds are something that I've checked into as they come along in the media because my clients want my advice. What makes sense to me about PB is to change the insulin response. Virtually everyone who comes in my office has blood sugar imbalances, which also show up genetically as orange pigmentation in the iris. So, we have done a number on our pancreases for generations.
    What concerns me is that meat is considered acidic, and according to my years of study, an acid pH can wreak havoc with the body laying an environment for arthritis. I did my dissertation on this. The idea is that an acid environment causes the body to pull calcium from the bones (osteoarthritis) and sodium from the gall bladder (leaving cholesterol to form stones) in the effort to achieve pH homeostasis to alkalinity.
    The PB is making me question much about the body's responses. So who here has had positive ressults with correcting arthritis? Thanks!

nikrea06 is offline Junior Member
    You can prevent Arthritis by using the BIOCERA Alkaline Antioxidant Stick. My friend, Alisha, have arthritis too but I recommended her to use the BIOCERA Alkaline Antioxidant Stick. It neutralizes acids in the body because of the alkaline. Another advantage of using the BIOCERA Alkaline Antioxidant Sick is that it can flush away toxins and take in nutrients for the cells. By drinking alkaline water, you can help your body achieve balance in your pH level. For more information, you can visit Biocera | Change Your Water. Change Your Life

Vainamoinen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelio View Post
    What concerns me is that meat is considered acidic, and according to my years of study, an acid pH can wreak havoc with the body laying an environment for arthritis.
    It seems meat, and a number of other foods, do increase acidity. But then you're also likely eating a lot of foods that have the reverse effect. And anyway the theory seems to be mistaken:

Does Meat Really Leach Calcium from the Bones? | Weston A Price

I really wouldn't worry about it.

Arthritis is one of the things that bone broth is said to help with, and there are plausible reasons for that. It certainly seems like it might be worth anyone's while making it and drinking it on a daily basis, since it's certainly not going to do any harm. Lots of people here drink it and cook with it.

See:

nourishingbroth.com

Vainamoinen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikrea06 View Post
    You can prevent Arthritis by using the BIOCERA Alkaline Antioxidant Stick.
    You can't if the theory's bogus - which it is.

It neutralizes acids in the body because of the alkaline.
    The word is alkalinity.

But anyway this is not going to help anyone.

gergirl is online now Senior Member
    I am afrais that this discussion will end up with the question if and how much meat/dairy/cheese/ eggs are okay to eat.

Raw paleo matt is offline Senior Member
    Alkalizing juices help get rid of the toxins stored in the joints that's causing arthritis. Raw fats will also help. Eating raw suet with unheated honey or any acidic fruits help with digestion. Raw eggs with unheated cold pressed coconut oil is always good.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    such a short thread, so much woo.

jeebus.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway