Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starting Strength and Paleo diet. page 3

solomani is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks Dan. Worth a try. When I first started SS I ate everything I got both strong and fat and I couldnt say I felt the best. Since switching to paleo I am thinner and healthier but progress is very hard to make. Will focus on my diet more in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by deadliftdan View Post
    Father of 3 young boys who has gone Paleo to kick a 40-year addiction to carbs. An aspiring powerlifter who wants to be the strongest (and now fittest) dad on the playground.
    Sound like me. I have 4 kids and I am 40 as well My interest is strength above all other lifting objectives.

Gene is offline Junior Member
    I'm doing SS on a heavy Paleo diet. Rip himself says that GOMAD is just for the skinny young guys. If you are 20+% body fat, you've got enough available energy stores w/o GOMAD. Eat a LOT of meat and veggies and you will do fine on SS.

solomani is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    I'm doing SS on a heavy Paleo diet. Rip himself says that GOMAD is just for the skinny young guys. If you are 20+% body fat, you've got enough available energy stores w/o GOMAD. Eat a LOT of meat and veggies and you will do fine on SS.
    Great, thanks for the feedback. Started amping up this week but sticking to paleo instead of "all you can eat".

gymcompany is offline Junior Member
    no net yet....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123