Thread: Primal Journal Jojow17 page

jojow17 is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal Jojow17

Shop Now
    About me: My name is Jojo and I am very new to the whole Primal concept. I have never been very athletic and while I haven't tried many specific diet programs I have spent a lot of time counting calories and reading about the new super food or "nutrition" bar that is supposed to make you healthy overnight. I have recently moved away from my friends and family and been through a divorce. I am pretty much starting my life over from scratch right now and creating the person I have always wanted to be. The number one thing I have been missing in my life is physical activity. I have always wanted to participate in sports and learn to dance and have never been fit enough to get started.

My plan: This month I started at a CrossFit gym near my house. I am currently unable to complete a full squat or pushup and can only complete a 200m run, and even that is at a pretty slow pace. While I'm pretty pathetic compared to the other women in my group, I am very encouraged by my coach and the other women. They cheered me on through my first workout and I am excited to go back again this evening.

I have also started keeping a food journal and I'm trying to follow their Paleo/Zone/Primal suggestions and learn more through this site which they suggested.

My short term goals: To work up to being able to complete the warm up as intended, including full squats and push ups.

My long term goals: To learn to play rugby in the women's rugby league here in Austin. To learn to rock climb and about sculling. To complete a triathalon.

My goals seem very difficult to reach, but I have started on that path and that is enough for now. I do not have many friends local to me and the few that I have are in no means supportive of the changes I am trying to make in my life. I will be updating this forum and reading other's progress to keep excited about the future.

I look forward to getting to know people in this community!
    -Jojo

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Jojo!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

jojow17 is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    This week has been great so far. I cleaned out my refrigerator and pantry on Monday and went shopping. I work and go to school so I only have Monday and Wednesday nights at home during the week. On Monday, I cooked some apple chicken sausage, roasted a ton of vegetables (zuccini, asparagus, mushrooms, bell peppers, and more), made the best salad (kale, strawberries, red bell peppers, and red onion), and even tried my hand at homemade jerky using a modified version of Mark's marinade. Everything turned out great and I've been enjoying the fruits of my labor for the past two days. Tonight, I'll be cooking a half leg of lamb in the crock pot and cooking some salmon and tilapia. It is amazing how much better fresh ingredients cooked at home taste compared to the cookie cutter meals at restaurants.

I've also been making more progress at the gym. My depth in my squats is so much better and I'm almost able to do all of the pushups, on my knees for now but I'm working up to full pushups. Monday's WOD was really hard and the situps really kicked my ass. It was hard to stay motivated as I watched the other people in my group do them so quickly. I have to keep reminding myself that it is only my second week there and they have been doing this for months if not years. I do feel good that I have yet to quit on a workout and last Thursday and yesterday I was able to complete all of the reps. I am looking forward to today's workout and more time in the kitchen this evening!
    -Jojo