Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: do you ever feel alone in this?? page

sghulett is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up do you ever feel alone in this??

I feel so alone in this lifestyle but I know that there are many here to help me along. so I am asking for some help here.

I am so unmotivated since it is currently still winter here in the Rocky Mountains. I am getting ready for work and have tomorrow and Friday off so was wonding if anyone want so do a "fitness buddy" of sorts here. I am in the mountain time zone and need to feel like I can do this.

I would like to see a personal challenge put out for tomorrow to get those of us that are struggling with fitness some help with getting going.

any takers???????

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    This is a rare enough thing that you'll be alone almost anywhere except Ohio. I'm finding this forum to be of tremendous help, not sure how successful I would have been w/o it.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

I guess what I am asking for is for others to share a WOW or other that they are doing and I can also do it starting tomorrow. I work in the afternoons on Tuesday & Wednesdays adn all day Sat/Sun so mornings are good for me

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Hey sghulett - Why don't you start by picking out some workouts from the Daily Exercise Thread each day? You can start from the beginning of the thread and move down each day. If you are unable to do the exercises, skip to the next one. It will help you learn functional, varied movements and also give you a feeling of what other Groks do for fitness. What part of Wyo do you live in?
    ad astra per aspera

believer is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sghulett View Post
    I feel so alone in this lifestyle but I know that there are many here to help me along. so I am asking for some help here.

I am so unmotivated since it is currently still winter here in the Rocky Mountains. I am getting ready for work and have tomorrow and Friday off so was wonding if anyone want so do a "fitness buddy" of sorts here. I am in the mountain time zone and need to feel like I can do this.

I would like to see a personal challenge put out for tomorrow to get those of us that are struggling with fitness some help with getting going.

any takers???????
    When you say 'struggling with fitness', do you mean you are unfit? I'd like to be your workout buddy (even though I live in Michigan-still winter here, too!) but tomorrows workout is an exercise challenge I like to throw into my regular program on occasion and, if you're unfit, I think it'd be too difficult. Let me know.

not unfit just unmotivated. I used to run last year but burned out. I had back surgery in Oct 09 and did fairly well until I slipped on the ice this last Dec so am still trying to fight that slight pain.

Nik
    Nik is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    This is a rare enough thing that you'll be alone almost anywhere except Ohio. I'm finding this forum to be of tremendous help, not sure how successful I would have been w/o it.
    Why? Is Primal big in Ohio? I didn't know that. I live in Michigan, near the border of Ohio? Just curious.

I also find the forum to be tremendous help when I'm feeling like the only one who eats like this. It's wierd though, because I feel like I'm finally "normal", and now I'm "the outcast who doesn't eat anything" when I'm out with friends or family and all there is are chips and dips, and pasta salads and such other junky food. If they only knew how much I actually eat, and still lose weight. They probably think I'm starving myself. I wish it were easier to convince people that this is the right way to eat.

believer is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sghulett View Post
    not unfit just unmotivated. I used to run last year but burned out. I had back surgery in Oct 09 and did fairly well until I slipped on the ice this last Dec so am still trying to fight that slight pain.
    Interesting. I had spinal surgery in August, 2009. Hmmmm

Here's what I have on for tomorrow:
    Flat Bench
    Squat
    Dead
    All 225 x 50
    Reverse Grip 135 x 41
    OHP 95 x 26

Then I'll run 1 mile

This should total 41,755 lbs., or, almost 21 tons. I've worked my way up to this, adding similar workouts once a week to my 'normal' program.
    Are you in?
    Last edited by believer; 04-06-2011 at 02:43 PM.

How can I get may family on board??? my daughter is 21yrs and is 5'8" and 268# she eat junk all the time and is also feeding it to my 2.5yr grandson.

PrimalCon New York
    I don't have access to weights and no gym membership

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast